Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

After 2 days PSN is back online, sort of.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

So Thursday at 8AM PSN went down for some matinance, it was supposed to be done later that day. That was not the case and it was moved to Friday morning, which was then not correct and they moved it back to Friday afternoon. Which again was not met and they moved it back to Friday evening, which again was not hit and they had to move it back again. It was moved to Saturday morning, I have now been able to log into my PSN account so online games seem to be working, but when you try to log into the PSN store it says its undergoing work and it crashes.

I forgot how much it sucks when you can't get online, suddenly I want to download some games from the PSN store or check in my with friends list and so bad do I want to play some Ratchet and Clank Q Force right now!

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By galiant

I didn't even notice it was down, but yesterday I got a mail telling me I bought something off the PSN store in the beginning of december and I can't for the life of me remember what it was. I wonder if the delay of that mail is related to the issues they're having?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

Must've been different for the UK, because they hit their 12 hour deadline in the US. I downloaded whatever new PS+ game was up once PSN came back online from the maintenance later that night.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had friends over to play the PS3 for the first time in a while and PSN wasn't working so we had to stick to offline stuff (and couldn't play with my friend who moved out of state :(.) It was quite a bummer.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By awesomeusername

People were able t o sign in but everything else wasn't working. My friend told me the Store crashed when he tried to go on. I wasn't able to go online early yesterday though but was able during the night. Now it seems to be fully functional because I finally can go online on my Vita. This was weird. Also, they only extended it once. also! I hope they've improved the shit out of PSN

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Petiew

Now if only they'd fix the awful new shop!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Sterling

I've been able to login since Thursday night, but the store has not been working since.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By superfriend

They shouldn't schedule this stuff so close to the weekend.

Does anybody know if PS+ games start acting up when you´re not online? I could swear Infamous 2 told me "X minutes remaining" at some point.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Hizang

@Petiew said:

I know right, I actually prefer the old shop, this one is so slow, Wii U kinds of slow.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Petiew
    @Hizang: The sound that plays when you open the shop is terrifying too. First time I loaded it up I thought a horror movie was playing. "Duhduuung"
    Yeah it's kind of hard to navigate and takes forever. Searching is a bit more of a hassle than it needs to be as well.
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Whatever this maintenance is I hope it fixes the horrendous load time for the store.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dropabombonit

I have been able to log in the whole time it has been down here in the UK but haven't been able to access the store. Strangely though my cousin who only lives 5mins from me hasn't been able to get online

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By musubi

@Hizang: Yep that is what was happening to me last night I could actually DO stuff online I was posting scores to the DmC leaderboards just fine but if I checked the store it just froze the console up. Sure hope that gets fixed. =\

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Seppli

Have been trying to buy Walking Dead off PSN for the last couple of days, to no avail. Sony is really bad about these things. They're bleeding money every second that shop is offline. I really hope they're getting better at this, because this extended downtime is a joke.

brehonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By brehonia

@Hizang said:

@Petiew said:

I know right, I actually prefer the old shop, this one is so slow, Wii U kinds of slow.

The old one wasn't exactly snappy either, but it doesn't really matter any more because they added an online browser-based version, and that's always the pro option.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.