Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Believe It or Not (May 6th)?

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Edited By Voxatron

With Tuesday coming and going as of now, I guess it's safe to assume all the speculation revolving around wither limited services would be in fact back up today has indeed  been debunked. That being said, that's where my visit to GameStop Monday comes into play; so I was in the process of paying the rest of L.A. Noire  off when somehow I almost ended up getting talked into ordering Brink too along with it (but in all fairness the gamestop guy really gave a rather convincing pitch). Nevertheless though I stood my ground, and proceeded to address my concern to him about how I could even possibly fathom getting it with PSN still being down. But that's when he come out of no where with "Oh well that shouldn't be a problem for much longer! *wink* it's definitely going to back up by the 10th, and in fact we heard from them this morning that it's going to be back up as soon as the 6th."  I was totally skeptical initially and probably should still be, but with Tuesday gone it certainly seems more and more likely. So I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything about Friday as a possible date? and what do you guys think about the plausibility of a retailer or any other retailers for that matter being told any sort of concrete date way before users hear anything about it?  

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Voxatron

With Tuesday coming and going as of now, I guess it's safe to assume all the speculation revolving around wither limited services would be in fact back up today has indeed  been debunked. That being said, that's where my visit to GameStop Monday comes into play; so I was in the process of paying the rest of L.A. Noire  off when somehow I almost ended up getting talked into ordering Brink too along with it (but in all fairness the gamestop guy really gave a rather convincing pitch). Nevertheless though I stood my ground, and proceeded to address my concern to him about how I could even possibly fathom getting it with PSN still being down. But that's when he come out of no where with "Oh well that shouldn't be a problem for much longer! *wink* it's definitely going to back up by the 10th, and in fact we heard from them this morning that it's going to be back up as soon as the 6th."  I was totally skeptical initially and probably should still be, but with Tuesday gone it certainly seems more and more likely. So I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything about Friday as a possible date? and what do you guys think about the plausibility of a retailer or any other retailers for that matter being told any sort of concrete date way before users hear anything about it?  

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By Little_Socrates

I don't know whether to believe the Gamestop employee or not, but it seems feasible they'll be back up by Friday.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By frankxiv

my guess was sometime after wednesday so that they wouldn't be expected to update the psn store until next week.

also, i'm pretty sure he, or anyone else in that position would say anything to get you to preorder.

MissionaryMarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By MissionaryMarr

I believethe employee was just going by the announcement thati it would be back up this week.That said I don't actually expect the PSN store to necessarily to be up for a little while yet. I would think it will be on the last things brought back up.

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Voxatron
    @Little_Socrates said:

" I don't know whether to believe the Gamestop employee or not, but it seems feasible they'll be back up by Friday. "

well that's a good point regardless they're not exactly known for being a pinnacle of truth or anything, but yeah it certainly does seem feasible enough to believe. 

@onimonkii

said:

" my guess was sometime after wednesday so that they wouldn't be expected to update the psn store until next week.also, i'm pretty sure he, or anyone else in that position would say anything to get you to preorder. "

oh wow i totally didn't even think about that, well yeah i suppose that would certainly seem to imply some sort of next week phase stuff. sorta of seems like that would  certainly point to a friday date as well too though, especially if they still have this plan to turn everything back on gradually, online and account management on friday and something like the store on wednesday maybe?  too true, I was thinking the exact same thing the whole time he was telling me everything.
    frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By frankxiv
    @Panic_Switch said:
    " @onimonkii said:

" my guess was sometime after wednesday so that they wouldn't be expected to update the psn store until next week.also, i'm pretty sure he, or anyone else in that position would say anything to get you to preorder. "

oh wow i totally didn't even think about that, well yeah i suppose that would certainly seem to imply some sort of next week phase stuff. sorta of seems like that would  certainly point to a friday date as well too though, especially if they still have this plan to turn everything back on gradually, online and account management on friday and something like the store on wednesday maybe? "
    yeah, it's possible, my wednesday guess was because it's closer to tuesday, giving them a longer lead time until the next tuesday to make sure the initial rush of people coming back and claiming their free goodies wouldn't be compounded with a store update's worth of traffic at the same time, as well as it means that should something go wrong, it's not the weekend.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

It'd be funny if it was delayed until E3.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By PerryVandell

All I know is that it should be back up sometime this week. I don't really care which day specifically.

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Voxatron
    @onimonkii said:

" @Panic_Switch said:

" @onimonkii said:

oh wow i totally didn't even think about that, well yeah i suppose that would certainly seem to imply some sort of next week phase stuff. sorta of seems like that would  certainly point to a friday date as well too though, especially if they still have this plan to turn everything back on gradually, online and account management on friday and something like the store on wednesday maybe? "
    yeah, it's possible, my wednesday guess was because it's closer to tuesday, giving them a longer lead time until the next tuesday to make sure the initial rush of people coming back and claiming their free goodies wouldn't be compounded with a store update's worth of traffic at the same time, as well as it means that should something go wrong, it's not the weekend. "
     well, it certainly does seem like it would be the most effective and logical route to take towards re-launching it, but who knows anything really with the state sony is in at the movement. i suppose all one can do really is just hope things turn around for the better at least by the middle of next week.

@KaosAngel said:

" It'd be funny if it was delayed until E3. "

haha let's pretend you didn't just say that, ugh that would certainly be the worst/best announcement at a E3 ever probably.
    Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Voxatron
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " All I know is that it should be back up sometime this week. I don't really care which day specifically. "
    by the end of the week doesn't excatly inspire any sort of commitment though, where as an actual date seems like it would really do a number for consumer confidence at least in the sort term.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Vexxan

Bet he just read it somewhere online(there's always one rumour on one site saying it'll come back May the X:th) and I doubt retailers are the first to be informed.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By scarace360

If so we can finally have are AH3 Fight night.

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

#13  Edited By vigorousjammer

well, it's Thursday morning and it's still down for me, we'll see what happens between now & tomorrow.

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Voxatron
    @Vigorousjammer said:
    " well, it's Thursday morning and it's still down for me, we'll see what happens between now & tomorrow. "
    uh huh. I definitely still keep seeing tomorrow though in various places now as the very earliest it would be back, but still who knows it's probably anyone's guess at this moment.
    sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By sagesebas
    @Panic_Switch: Dude was a fucking liar, It's not likely Sony is gunna tell Gamestop before us.
    Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Getz

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vigorousjammer
    @Panic_Switch said:
    " @Vigorousjammer said:
    " well, it's Thursday morning and it's still down for me, we'll see what happens between now & tomorrow. "
    uh huh. I definitely still keep seeing tomorrow though in various places now as the very earliest it would be back, but still who knows it's probably anyone's guess at this moment. "
    I just wanna get my LittleBigPlanet 2 on, lol... I picked up the game right as the PSN went down, played through the single player & collected most of the items.  Really wanna see what people have been doing with the creation tools.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EVO
    @Vigorousjammer:  There will probably be an influx of really good levels.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Enigma777

Yo guys, PSN is up right now. I'm playing MK as we speak. 

vigorousjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vigorousjammer
    @EVO:  yeah, I've been messing around with the creation tools and I think I have a pretty good grasp on most of it.
    I should probably try creating something for when it goes back up, but I just don't know what's already been done, since I can't search or anything...

well, there's always that website with the level-queue stuff.
    EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By EVO
    @Enigma777 said:
    " Yo guys, PSN is up right now. I'm playing MK as we speak.  "
    Not in Oz.
    FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By FritzDude
    @Enigma777 said:
    "

Yo guys, PSN is up right now. I'm playing MK as we speak. 

"

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Voxatron
    @sagesebas said:
    " @Panic_Switch: Dude was a fucking liar, It's not likely Sony is gunna tell Gamestop before us. "
    Well it isn't necessarily about his honest anymore per se, considering the date is coming from numerous places now.
    uh huh most definitely probably bs now that I look back at it.

@Vigorousjammer
    said:
    " @Panic_Switch said:
    " @Vigorousjammer said:
    uh huh. I definitely still keep seeing tomorrow though in various places now as the very earliest it would be back, but still who knows it's probably anyone's guess at this moment. "
    I just wanna get my LittleBigPlanet 2 on, lol... I picked up the game right as the PSN went down, played through the single player & collected most of the items.  Really wanna see what people have been doing with the creation tools. "
    ahh :[, that's terrible considering the community stuff is what really makes that game standout, well hopefully it's back on sooner then later. 
    supposedly now though now people are saying things might be get delayed yet again, mostly thanks to all the scrutiny sony's under from the various world governments.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.