Check your e mail. Sony may be givin you some cash

#1 Edited by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -

I just checked my email and apparently some kind of tax error occurred last year (strangely just before the nasty psn hack). Anyway they are refunding your money back on your account. Of course there is no exact date but it says they will get it by march 31st. Just wanted to let everyone about free money…kinda. Probably gonna save mine for some skyrim or me3 dlc

Dear Sony Entertainment Network account holder,

After performing routine system maintenance, Sony Entertainment Network sales tax records were mistakenly modified and some customer’s accounts were charged sales tax in error.

Between November 18, 2010, and April 11, 2011, one or more transactions originating from your account was charged sales tax in error. Correcting this, we will refund the errant charges back to your account in the amount of $9.24 via your Sony Entertainment Network wallet. This will appear in your transaction history as a one-time inclusive credit.

We are diligently working to correct this error and will have your account refunded by March 31, 2012. If you do not see the credit to your account by March 31, 2012, or if you have further questions please contact our customer service department at: http://us.playstation.com/support/contact_options/ 

here is the E-mail 

Found a couple sites about it and a forum on neogaf of plenty of people who have gotten their refund

#2 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -

Probably had to spend some money in order to get a refund. Therefore, I don't think I'll expect an email regarding that from them.

#3 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Hmm, I bought plenty things over PSN but have no email. Did you just get this today?

#4 Posted by Hector (3357 posts) -

Are you sure it's a an email from Sony...

#5 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Sounds kinda like phishing scam to me, you did not enter your login details did you?

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24268 posts) -

Sounds phishy.

#7 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -

No I didnt have to input any info in at all. It was just a notice. It had the new scen stuff too.

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Scam emails started going out not too long ago from the PSN hack. I wouldn't trust any of that shit.

#9 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1561 posts) -

Pretty shitty scam email if it's not asking for info.

#10 Posted by Hizang (8533 posts) -

Just send them your pin number, that's the only thing to do here.

#11 Posted by Hector (3357 posts) -

Just post a picture of the email. No need to include names and what not.

#12 Posted by rawrsair (821 posts) -

Sounds strange. *Wary eyes*

#13 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

guys I got a email about free PSN credit I just had to go log in my account through an attachment but all it said was "Thanks you for confirming your information". When do I get my free PSN credit?

#14 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -
#15 Posted by MetalBaofu (1365 posts) -

I have no idea if I bought anything during that time or not....I don't think I did.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.