Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

Finally bought a PS3 & Here's my starting lineup. :)

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Coke

I'm not looking to buy more games at the moment, but do you guys have any suggestions?

http://i.imgur.com/1qeGQ.png

P.S. - I would have purchased Dark Souls if it wasn't for the fact that it's $60 I don't want to spend on one single game right now. :3

FluffyZombeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FluffyZombeh

I'd say pick up Valkyria Chronicles if you can. It's a great exclusive and one of my favorite PS3 games of all time. That and Little Big Planet 2 (not sure how much LBP2 is right now but you should check it out sooner or later.)

Of course, if you're gonna pick up Dark Souls sooner or later whenever you get the money I recommend that you also pick up Demon's Souls just to compare the two! Also practicing at Demon's Souls makes Dark Souls seem so easier than it actually is (still damn hard) and it's also one amazing game.

thaijedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thaijedi

Killzone/Resistance and where's that Uncharted love?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor

Dude, Uncharted 2 is dirt cheap these days - one of my favourite games this gen. Also, if you're too broke for Dark Souls, get Demon's Souls. Even with the servers being offline, it's still great.

Also, Killzone 2 is still pretty as hell and worth a look for the $10 it'll cost you.

FluffyZombeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FluffyZombeh

@Vitor said:

Dude, Uncharted 2 is dirt cheap these days - one of my favourite games this gen. Also, if you're too broke for Dark Souls, get Demon's Souls. Even with the servers being offline, it's still great.

Also, Killzone 2 is still pretty as hell and worth a look for the $10 it'll cost you.

They don't shut down the Demon's Souls servers until next year! Also yeah Uncharted 2, that's another one I recommend.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vitor

@FluffyZombeh: Really? I thought they'd gone already! Great news then.

Also, this is just a personal thing but, I HATED the Resistance series. Big fan of Insomniac in the PS2 days but I feel they haven't evolved at all compared to their peers (i.e. Naughty Dog). Ratchet has barely changed and, as for their first foray into the FPS genre, I think Killzone destroys Resistance from agameplay/level design and graphical perspective. Really not a fan. I always liked it conceptually but hated the feel and look of the first two games in the series a great deal.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StrikeALight

Demon's Souls is deffo worth a look. I imagine it'll be going pretty cheap now.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By McShank

Nice, All of those games are great. From what others are saying, Demon's souls is a must have if you are thinking of dark souls in the future as that game is Dirt cheap and will help you in learning how to play. Also Uncharted 2 is the shit, and is cheap also :D. I would say to look for some Yakuza games as 3 is pretty cheap brand new and 4 is fun as hell.

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Coke

Thanks for the replies guys. :)

I'm not too into the Uncharted games (lol blashphemy, right?) because I played some of the second one at a cousin's a few times and it never stuck with me. Also most FPS are only fun for me when they're about the competitive multiplayer, so I dunno about Resistance or Killzone.

Just looked at a Youtube video of Valkyria Chronicles and it reminds me of Advance Wars on the GBA a bit. Definitely going to look into that more when money allows it.

@Vitor said:

It's more like I ran out of money that I allocated to buy this stuff. :P Still need to have money for school, gas, random expenses. ;)

EDIT: Even though a few of you are saying I should pick up Demon's Souls before Dark Souls, I probably won't do that when I go to buy it. :S I don't see my attention span holding through the first game and onto the second for that long, and I think I want the fresh start with the, probably, more polished game of Dark Souls.

Sup, den? :3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.