How to buy PSN cards online?

#1 Posted by hermes (1376 posts) -

I am sure many of you haven't noticed (I noticed just recently), but it seems availability of online psn cards is getting more and more scarcer. First, it was removed from Amazon, then Bestbuy and now not even gamestop supports it.

Do some of you know where I can get some card codes online?

Note: When I am talking about card codes online, I am referring to the mode some online stores supported of sending you the code via mail instead of shipping the card, which is the only way to get credit on the PS wallet for some regions of the world.

#2 Posted by Gonmog (580 posts) -

Bestbuy does not do it anymore? :o lame. Well guess i wont be buying to much stuff for dlc on the vita then. :/

#3 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

I was just gonna ask about this too. A friend managed to get one from Best Buy's website a few months ago, but now they're out of stock all the time.

#5 Posted by Ninja_Welshman (479 posts) -

From the UK here and tend to use ShopTo instant codes. Usually discounted which is always nice.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14563 posts) -

I'm just wondering why if you're purchasing these cards online you just don't buy stuff directly with the wallet funding option on the store?

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

I'm just wondering why if you're purchasing these cards online you just don't buy stuff directly with the wallet funding option on the store?

Sometimes it's for different payment options (e.g. paypal). More commonly it's to get wallet funds for a different region (i.e. you're based in the EU and want a game that's only available in the US, or visa versa). You can't use a credit card from the wrong region on PSN itself. But you can register a PSN account from a different region and use points cards from that region to add funds to your wallet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.