Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

My thoughts and prediction on Playstation network

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

Edited By MikeydCT

Sony - PS3 Tower
    Sony - PS3 Tower
    I decided to throw my two cents in about the Playstation network being hacked. First of all, I am one of the 75 million that were hacked, after hearing this yesterday I change the email and passwords to most of the other accounts I made using the email I used for PSN. Early this year  GeoHot Hotz hacked the PS3, early this month  Anonymous hacked PSN and last week was hacked again. I would like to know did Playstation after being hacked for the first time change anything to make sure it wont happen again? Did they find out how  GeoHot Hotz did it and made it so it wont happen again? My guesses are that they didn't, after something like that would happen I would be hiring ether him or other hackers to help improve  PSN so it couldn't  be hacked. Now I don't know if anyone in the real world has ever done that before, that would never work in real life or I'm watch to much TV. Last night when the story broke I was watching a live stream of Lordkat. He was explaining  how the information  for credit cards and personal information were stored, both need to be stored separate and credit card information on the hard drives are stored like money in a vault. So if the hacker/s have the credit card information Playstation didn't find him and stop him fast or the information was not locked up tight.  Lordkat did said on Saturday that PSN is down due to hackers and that they must have done something bad for it to still be down. Now for what I think will happen to Playstation after this. It is now 8am, when the NY stock exchange opens today Sony stock with fall and will close at a price around $13. Yesterday it closed at $29.70. PSN store will lose a huge (50% to 60% guess) of sells for full games add ons and everything. Yes you can buy pre-paid cards and the sell of those will go up a little but some like myself wont fell safe with Playstation ever again. Trade in and used sell of PS3 will go up a bit, out of the 75 million there will be a few that will sell/trade their PS3 in for a 360. Sells of 360 will go up and sells of PS3 will go down. I am also guessing that we wont see many or no PSN only games, companies wouldn't want to make a game on a console where most of the users don't feel safe on buying it with out a pre-paid card r not at all. During the E3 sony press conference for this year I wont be surprised if a few or most of the people boo Sony and I feel that they may not even show up at TGS or E3 next year if things don't get better. If they had plans for a new PSP or tablet they should just can it. Would you buy any system or tablet from a company that was hacked three time in a few months and one of the hackers has info on all its users? My guess is that Sony wont recover from this and will leave the gaming business.
    MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MikeydCT

Sony - PS3 Tower
    Sony - PS3 Tower
    I decided to throw my two cents in about the Playstation network being hacked. First of all, I am one of the 75 million that were hacked, after hearing this yesterday I change the email and passwords to most of the other accounts I made using the email I used for PSN. Early this year  GeoHot Hotz hacked the PS3, early this month  Anonymous hacked PSN and last week was hacked again. I would like to know did Playstation after being hacked for the first time change anything to make sure it wont happen again? Did they find out how  GeoHot Hotz did it and made it so it wont happen again? My guesses are that they didn't, after something like that would happen I would be hiring ether him or other hackers to help improve  PSN so it couldn't  be hacked. Now I don't know if anyone in the real world has ever done that before, that would never work in real life or I'm watch to much TV. Last night when the story broke I was watching a live stream of Lordkat. He was explaining  how the information  for credit cards and personal information were stored, both need to be stored separate and credit card information on the hard drives are stored like money in a vault. So if the hacker/s have the credit card information Playstation didn't find him and stop him fast or the information was not locked up tight.  Lordkat did said on Saturday that PSN is down due to hackers and that they must have done something bad for it to still be down. Now for what I think will happen to Playstation after this. It is now 8am, when the NY stock exchange opens today Sony stock with fall and will close at a price around $13. Yesterday it closed at $29.70. PSN store will lose a huge (50% to 60% guess) of sells for full games add ons and everything. Yes you can buy pre-paid cards and the sell of those will go up a little but some like myself wont fell safe with Playstation ever again. Trade in and used sell of PS3 will go up a bit, out of the 75 million there will be a few that will sell/trade their PS3 in for a 360. Sells of 360 will go up and sells of PS3 will go down. I am also guessing that we wont see many or no PSN only games, companies wouldn't want to make a game on a console where most of the users don't feel safe on buying it with out a pre-paid card r not at all. During the E3 sony press conference for this year I wont be surprised if a few or most of the people boo Sony and I feel that they may not even show up at TGS or E3 next year if things don't get better. If they had plans for a new PSP or tablet they should just can it. Would you buy any system or tablet from a company that was hacked three time in a few months and one of the hackers has info on all its users? My guess is that Sony wont recover from this and will leave the gaming business.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.