Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

PlayStation Plus Subscribers To Get Cloud Saves Tomorrow

• 121 results
    HumphreyLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By HumphreyLee

Dammit. If Stacking had not gone out as the PS+ download I'd be subscribing right now between that and this. I had my reservations when the PS+ service was announced, but it really does seem like it's worth it, even if you do lose the downloads when you unsubscribe, viewing it as twelve $5 rentals plus other features really does not seem unreasonable. 

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#102  Edited By teekomeeko
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @lasafrog said:
    " As a 35 year old gamer who owns pretty much every curreny system, I grow more confused daily by the PS3. While I love Uncharted, Flower, and look immensely forward to The Last Guardian, there is almost nothing at all that  like about my PS3 as a console platform.  I dislike the controllers form and forced recharging, the XMB, the "me too" achievment system, the inability to chat with friends, the non-intuitive way you have to do most anything. The network, the store design, Home, the forced long updates, the long install of every retail game.   Rather than improve these problems, P+ paid members get demos and 'cloud saves'. These are the least needed upgrades I can imagine for the average gamer.  Am I completely alone in this? I'm surprised at how positively received this addition seems to be, I expected pages full of negative comments as I read this article. "
    Yes. For the reason that everything you said you hated, I love. I find the PS3 system a better system then my 360. "
    My favorite part is that his list of complaints is made up of personal preferences (plus some complete lies) and he expected an array of hateful comments.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#103  Edited By Enigma777

Is the forum broken or something? 

Also, PS+ just paid for itself!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By N7

Yeah, I'm in mad trouble. The forums are broke and Dragon Age II keeps freezing almost as soon as I load my save. What awful timing. :( 

WHY GIANT BOMB YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART

Wes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By Wes

This is tempting me to get Plus, some sort of cross game chatting support would definitely push me over the edge.

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By davidwitten22
    @Cubical said:
    " And the second I stop paying for playstation plus I will never get the saved games off the server so using it as a backup is almost pointless. only thing worth it the  copy-prohibited” save data but that is just because sony wants to be a bastard and not let you copy it to something there is no reason. No thanks sony I will stick with backing them up on  memory sticks  and putting them in fire proof metal safes that I already got stuffed with Corsair survivor usb sticks for important data is plenty good enough only a war or bomb could ruin my data in that thing and even then I don't thik it w ould get through unless the bomb was right on it. Cool IDEA that you stole from steam... but I dont have to pay  for steam to let me use the cloud save and they have better service and servers than sony or xbox live and it's all free. Xbox live should get it then It might making paying for xbox live worth something since all they give you is console noob peer to peer networking connections and no  dedicated servers but people like to get ripped off and pay for nothing bcause they have no idea what is really going on behind the curtains. "
    Wow you sound like a massive dick here.
    Xtacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Xtacles
    @Wes: 
    Paying for features that should be standard is AWESOME!
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By agentboolen
    @davidwitten22 said:
    " @Cubical said:
    " And the second I stop paying for playstation plus I will never get the saved games off the server so using it as a backup is almost pointless. only thing worth it the  copy-prohibited” save data but that is just because sony wants to be a bastard and not let you copy it to something there is no reason. No thanks sony I will stick with backing them up on  memory sticks  and putting them in fire proof metal safes that I already got stuffed with Corsair survivor usb sticks for important data is plenty good enough only a war or bomb could ruin my data in that thing and even then I don't thik it w ould get through unless the bomb was right on it. Cool IDEA that you stole from steam... but I dont have to pay  for steam to let me use the cloud save and they have better service and servers than sony or xbox live and it's all free. Xbox live should get it then It might making paying for xbox live worth something since all they give you is console noob peer to peer networking connections and no  dedicated servers but people like to get ripped off and pay for nothing bcause they have no idea what is really going on behind the curtains. "
    Wow you sound like a massive dick here. "
    I hope your metal safe isn't magnetic in anyway....  or your date might already have been wiped!
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Daroki
    @lasafrog said:
    " As a 35 year old gamer who owns pretty much every curreny system, I grow more confused daily by the PS3. While I love Uncharted, Flower, and look immensely forward to The Last Guardian, there is almost nothing at all that  like about my PS3 as a console platform.  I dislike the controllers form and forced recharging, the XMB, the "me too" achievment system, the inability to chat with friends, the non-intuitive way you have to do most anything. The network, the store design, Home, the forced long updates, the long install of every retail game.   Rather than improve these problems, P+ paid members get demos and 'cloud saves'. These are the least needed upgrades I can imagine for the average gamer.  Am I completely alone in this? I'm surprised at how positively received this addition seems to be, I expected pages full of negative comments as I read this article. "

Why would you be expecting pages of negative comments to this feature?  Seriously, when there's an issue with a game like ME2 and I can keep my save file from being corrupted and lost, I'm pretty damn happy with the cloud being there.  Why is this cool for Steam but it sucks for PS+?  Why is taking copy protected data, and gaining the ability to store and transfer it bad?
    Avatar image for deactivated-61f341f558336
    deactivated-61f341f558336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome news!
    I have a copy protected Demon's Souls savegame that has 2 playthroughs on it (many hours).
    I hope I can upload all my saves to the cloud so that I can finally get  my hard drive upgraded to 500GB!

flannelbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#111  Edited By flannelbeard

I prefer just about everything on the PS3 (over the way 360/Live works). This is why I use my PS3 the most. I became a PS+ subscriber a while ago and it has paid for itself many times over with free and discounted games, automatic downloads and updates while I sleeping, and more. Cloud saving might be the first solid actual "service" but it just adds a ton more value. I love cloud saving already. Now I can stop worrying about backing up save files, especially copy protected ones..  Thanks Sony! 

And people talking about Steam... (I love Steam) I am sure Valve gets a cut of the games you buy so you do pay them indirectly regardless. The steam service pays for itself since there are no hardware nor physical media distribution costs. Companies, all companies, get paid somehow... even for things that appear to be "free' weather its with advertising dollars, or profit sharing, or whatever... companies don't do things out of the goodness of their hearts. They do things to make money for the effort... its called capitalism, get over it.

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By mutley

150 MB is not enough bro.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#113  Edited By lordofultima

Once they get some cross-game and party chat, and a better interface that actually works properly...then PS+ might actually be worth money!

TommyUnderwear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By TommyUnderwear

Don't see the need for this myself.  But then again, maybe I am missing something about the feature.  Not worth the monthly sub IMO

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115  Edited By Branthog

No. For $60/yr, anything that could save to a card/system better be backed up to the cloud with unlimited access. I have multiple consoles throughout my house and I'm tired of the bullshit involved in being able to access them in different locations in my own fucking home. Not to mention the added complexity if I want to allow other people living with me to access the content.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By MC_Hify
    @Daroki said:

" @P_Pigly_Hogswine said:

" Hmmm, correct me if I'm wrong (and I may well be) but if my PS3 Fat dies, could I not just take the SATA HDD out and put it in a new PS3, keeping all my saves etc? Maybe I have it wrong, but I am conscious my PS3 Fat is starting to rev up to danger fan at the first sign of slightly mild weather. "
    I'm pretty sure if you do that the new PS3 will reformat your drive when you first put it in.  Anyone have confirmation on that? "
     I recently upraged my PS3's hard drive. You should be able to swap hard drives easily with no formatting.  I've swapped the hard drives back and forth a few times trying to get the copy protected saves off the old drive onto the new one. This could storage system has finally allowed me to do that.
    radaxian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#117  Edited By radaxian

Can't understand why they have the access restriction of once per 24 hour period.

cowswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#118  Edited By cowswithguns

This is the first time that sony has pulled ahead of MS in the online division.  I really hope this is coming for Xbox very soon.....It doesn't seem that hard.  Couldn't they just implement Sky Drive?

NXH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By NXH

Someone help me out. here. I know once your subscription has expired you can no longer access the cloud, but the saves stay on the system for 6 months after your sub end  .
    For example, if I were to do the 3 month subscription and after my 3 months has expired I then have 6 months to keep my saves on??

BoosieF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BoosieF

Playstation Plus will just keep charging you. And when you complain they'll repeat "fine print". They are not pleasant. They were short with me and I would not recommend them to anyone. Poor customer service

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.