Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (PS3)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is the online service by Sony Computer Entertainment, providing downloads of games, trailers, themes and much more. The service is free, but also offers a paid version for various benefits.

PSN Down?

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

For reasons I don't know I can't sign on to PSN today. I got on earlier with no problems but since about 2 PM Central I've had no luck. Anyone else having problems?

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SimpsonFan

no, nothing here, yesterday i kept getting signed out, same with all my friends.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Expletive

happened to me too, psn sucks

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Well, how can they keep up with M$ if they don't break PSN for the day?

Avatar image for deactivated-62acf8675bf9a
    deactivated-62acf8675bf9a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol
    yeah over the past month its kinda been a bit iffy
    i would pay for psn
    just copy xbox plzzzz

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By meptron

Mine's been a little janky over the last week. It'll sign out randomly. But no problems today so far.

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Qorious

I had no problems with PSN in my area. I guess it really depends on where you live. 

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ket87

No problems with PSN today, though I was only on for a few minutes.

But PSN is a little iffy to begin with most days anyways, I'd gladly pay a small yearly fee to keep it running smoothly. Dunno why people are against it, $50 a year is a drop in the bucket. Sure it might be a bit rough initially but then its paid off all year and you don't have to worry about it and the payoff is near constant operation of the service and PSN would be able to offer more content and features. Except seasonal maintence like the other day Live is never down and rarely has hiccups, usually only around Christmas do things get all jacked up.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By WickedCobra03

I logged on earlier today to check if the update went up before I left the house for tonight and was just on it like 20 seconds ago after playing some Killzone 2 and no problems hwere.

And; TO Ket87....
    Look at Xbox Live, you do pay to have things running smoothly and I would say that more times than no PSN is there when XBL isn't.  Remember 2 Christmas' ago when XBL was down for around 3 weeks there during the holiday.  One of the best holidays I spent with my Playstation.  And I paid my $50 bucks.  I like the whole free thing out of Sony, I just wish they would make some hard standards which everyone has to abide by to make things like chat, trophies, and friends more of a all-in-one package.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ket87
    @WickedCobra03 said:
    TO Ket87....Look at Xbox Live, you do pay to have things running smoothly and I would say that more times than no PSN is there when XBL isn't.  Remember 2 Christmas' ago when XBL was down for around 3 weeks there during the holiday.  One of the best holidays I spent with my Playstation.  And I paid my $50 bucks.  I like the whole free thing out of Sony, I just wish they would make some hard standards which everyone has to abide by to make things like chat, trophies, and friends more of a all-in-one package. "
    I mentioned the Christmas incident in my post, so why would you ask me to remember it haha? And that Christmas I didn't have problems outside of Christmas day, even though people were complaining for weeks about it mine ran smoothly from Dec. 26th onward. Besides I was too busy enjoying Mass Effect to care if Live was down or not.
    Inuzagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Inuzagi

I'v had no problems with psn at all. 

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By WickedCobra03
    @Ket87 said:
    " @WickedCobra03 said:
    TO Ket87....Look at Xbox Live, you do pay to have things running smoothly and I would say that more times than no PSN is there when XBL isn't.  Remember 2 Christmas' ago when XBL was down for around 3 weeks there during the holiday.  One of the best holidays I spent with my Playstation.  And I paid my $50 bucks.  I like the whole free thing out of Sony, I just wish they would make some hard standards which everyone has to abide by to make things like chat, trophies, and friends more of a all-in-one package. "
    I mentioned the Christmas incident in my post, so why would you ask me to remember it haha? And that Christmas I didn't have problems outside of Christmas day, even though people were complaining for weeks about it mine ran smoothly from Dec. 26th onward. Besides I was too busy enjoying Mass Effect to care if Live was down or not. "
    Jeez, you were lucky, my outage went more or less through the 2nd week in January.  It was from like the 2nd week in December to 2nd week in January.  I mean for an entire month I either could not get on or would get on for not more than 45 seconds to be kicked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.