PSN DOWN!

#1 Edited by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

I tried logging onto PSN, and kept getting error code 8071053d.  After taking steps to fix my connection I hit google it appears at least some of PSN is down.  Just a heads up to anyone there who might be wondering what's going on.   

The website itself is now experiencing errors.   

Edit:  "The website" being  http://community.us.playstation.com/index.jspa

#2 Posted by yakov456 (1918 posts) -
#3 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

I still stand by it's one guy, with no life.

#4 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -
@Twitchey said:
" I still stand by it's one guy, with no life. "
Probably is, there are some pretty advanced botnets out there.  
#5 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Might be the internet hacker gangs with their massive amounts of free time DDoSing. 

#6 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

It's Anonymous.

#7 Posted by sagesebas (2004 posts) -
@ninjakiller:  Sounds like a bummer hope it's fixed soon.
#8 Posted by MiniPato (2747 posts) -

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/04/microsofts-toulouse-on-xbox-live-hacker-hes-not-trying-to-he/

Hackers, hiding behind self righteous goals they don't really believe in.

#9 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Hmm, all fine on my end, plus the seven duders im skyping and playing with? might be regional?

#10 Edited by FourWude (2261 posts) -

PSN is going down.

Sexbox Live all the way. Call 555-MicroSofty and get online right now and meet like minded neo-nazi's like yourself. Hot gamer on gamer action. Hear them spout dirty, filthy talk for $39.99 a year.

#11 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Was able to log on about  30 minutes ago.  

#12 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -
@FourWude said:
"

PSN is going down.

Sexbox Live all the way. Call 555-MicroSofty and get online right now and meet like minded neo-nazi's like yourself. Hot gamer on gamer action. Hear them spout dirty, filthy talk for $39.99 a year.

"
this post is.. adorable <3
#13 Edited by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

Not reviving this topic to talk about how PSN was hacked. I didn't want to clutter the forums so i'm using this to ask if anyone else besides me is having trouble logging into PSN right now?    

#14 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I'm not to bothered, its no better time than now than to crack open that copy of Timesplitters 2, theres monkeys and they have guns!

#15 Posted by Devil240Z (3405 posts) -

Damn i want to play Portal 2. 

#16 Posted by Marz (5666 posts) -
@BD_Mr_Bubbles said:
" Not reviving this topi to talk about how PSN was hacked. I didn't want to clutter the forums so i'm using this to ask if anyone else besides me is having trouble logging into PSN right now? "
they are having a maintenance.
#17 Posted by KickahaOta (147 posts) -
#18 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1702 posts) -

Either way i'm just glad to know its not something on my end.
#19 Posted by L (1681 posts) -
@Devil240Z:
Surely it works offline.
#20 Posted by DrMcKittrick (231 posts) -

Maybe they'll finally fix the credit card glitch where you can actually add to your wallet. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.