PSN Should Be Fully Up By 05.31 - Any Takers?

#1 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Sup bitches (and whores),

I was at a diner today eating some delicious pancakes with some friends of mine.  While we were there, we watched a fat little boy eat some burgers with his bare hands.  During this time, his mom was complaining about how the government wasn't doing their job with keeping her son healthy.  It got me and my friends thinking about PSN and how Sony wasn't doing their job to keep PSN healthy.

Good news, PSN will be back up fully by May 31st...so not all is lost.  Also good news, the Phillies are doing fantastic this season and it's worth going to the stadium to see them play, and even more better news...the weather has been amazing this month so there's a lot to do outside.

On serious note, PSN will be up by May 31st, so go outside and hit on chicks or something.  Or if you're desperate enough, go to Times Square and hit on the tourists....I wouldn't but some people really enjoy it.  Hey, at least it'll be up before E3!  

So much for SOCOM 4 and the inFAMOUS 2 beta!

Bloomberg
#2 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I think it will stay down. Nothing against Sony, just that these hackers have some major beef against them.

#3 Posted by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -

How the fuck else do you eat a burger?

#4 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2107 posts) -

Wow!  A month and a half down time basically!

#5 Posted by spankingaddict (2677 posts) -

I buy it. They need to have it up before e3.

#6 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

at this point wait till e3 and do like a system relaunch.

#7 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" How the fuck else do you eat a burger? "
This, seriously.

I want to know how you expect people to be eating burgers.
#8 Posted by wickedsc3 (1046 posts) -

I should hope so.  Thats a long ass time to be down.

#9 Posted by Korolev (1709 posts) -

Oh sure, I'll log on to it when it comes back  - I don't have any sensitive info on my account such as credit details - the only thing they could "steal" is my P.O Box address, which is no big loss. Plus, they are giving out a free 30 day subscription to PSN Plus - so I'll use this opportunity to get the Free Killzone 3 maps (I heard they were free for PSN Plus users - although the maps might expire when the free PSN account dies). Surely someone will log onto to play Killzone 3, right? Right? 

Or I might just forget about it entirely. I was never a big user of the PSN to begin with.
#10 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

I don't believe you have any friends. Your story doesn't add up.

#11 Posted by EpicSteve (6487 posts) -

Out of curiosity, I would like to see how a press conference would run if their network was down. 

#12 Edited by ProfessorEss (7398 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

Also good news, the Phillies are doing fantastic this season and it's worth going to the stadium to see them play

Guess that'll help ease the pain of your turds gettin' swept by the Bruins then. :P
#13 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -

All I know is my gut says maybe.

#14 Posted by Vexxan (4622 posts) -
@Hockeymask27 said:
" at this point wait till e3 and do like a system relaunch. "
Yeah, gonna get me some PS3.5!
#15 Posted by Mesklinite (805 posts) -

@EpicSteve I would be really curious to see that too. What can you say? hehehe it would be hilarious.
#16 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4787 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
"While we were there, we watched a fat little boy eat some burgers with his bare hands."
:O

His BARE HANDS!?
#17 Posted by FritzDude (2263 posts) -

Sony's E3 conference: "PS3 now supports Linux"

#18 Posted by PieGuy (313 posts) -
@GunslingerPanda said:
" @KaosAngel said:
"While we were there, we watched a fat little boy eat some burgers with his bare hands."
:O

His BARE HANDS!?
"
NO WAYZ!!!!!!!

Seriously though I doubt Sony will have it up that soon otherwise they would make an official announcement. They need to have it up soon as they are losing money for all the time it is down so it is in their best interests to have it back up ASAP.

I'm interested to know what they have done with the PSN during this downtime, aside from the obvious tightening of security.
#19 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

While it's down they should fucking add cross-game chat. God damnit.

#20 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
This, seriously.

"
I like to have my friends over for a BBQ and to throw burgers around like a Frisbee, what you catch before it hits the deck you can eat. Is there a better way?
#21 Posted by Renahzor (991 posts) -

Personally I always eat my burgers with driving gloves on.

#22 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

No PSN reminds me of XBL silver

#23 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -

The PSN is probably going to be up by next week at the most. Sony already said that full service was going to be restored by the end of the month, with online play and whatnot coming back within the week(which has now been delayed).

Link

So I'm going to guess, since it was going to be available last week, that the progress has come far enough along that it should be here either by the end of this week, or by next week.

#24 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

At this point, thirty days of Plus doesn't even cover the downtime.

#25 Posted by ProfessorEss (7398 posts) -
@N7 said:
" The PSN is probably going to be up by next week at the most. Sony already said that full service was going to be restored by the end of the month, with online play and whatnot coming back within the week(which has now been delayed).

Link

So I'm going to guess, since it was going to be available last week, that the progress has come far enough along that it should be here either by the end of this week, or by next week. "

So you take this blog post with a date they failed to make as a sign that things are going well? I'm kinda worried that it's just the opposite.
#26 Posted by mosespippy (4204 posts) -

It's just the store that will be down that long. The rest of it will be up sooner than that.

#27 Posted by N7 (3590 posts) -
@ProfessorEss said:
" @N7 said:
" The PSN is probably going to be up by next week at the most. Sony already said that full service was going to be restored by the end of the month, with online play and whatnot coming back within the week(which has now been delayed).

Link

So I'm going to guess, since it was going to be available last week, that the progress has come far enough along that it should be here either by the end of this week, or by next week. "
So you take this blog post with a date they failed to make as a sign that things are going well? I'm kinda worried that it's just the opposite. "
Yes, because Sony came out and said that it was because of the SOE intrusion that caused them to delay turning the Playstation Network on again.

So, from the sound of it, everything was golden until they saw that the SOE servers got broken into. Once they get that sorted out(Which I can't imagine is anything short of just doing what they did with the PSN, and we saw how much time that took), they should turn it back on.
#28 Posted by ProfessorEss (7398 posts) -
@N7: Here's hopin'.
#29 Posted by zombie2011 (4973 posts) -

Wow, they really fucked over the Socom guys.

#30 Posted by TepidShark (1059 posts) -

Do you think some services will still come back earlier or do you think it is everything is back on May 31st?

#31 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -
@LordXavierBritish said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
This, seriously.

"
with a knife and fork obv
#32 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

I'm also curious about the burger thing.

#33 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" While it's down they should fucking add cross-game chat. God damnit. "
I hear it costs money and all, so at least give it to PSN+ users. That'd make me sign up right away.
#34 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

The sooner it happens the better.

#35 Posted by Fallen189 (5016 posts) -

I'm not normally the kind of person who dictates my purchases through things like this, but it's really affected how I view sony, and to an extent, the PS3. I had MK for a while now, and I had to trade it in yesterday, because there's just no online. The story/challenges are great and all, but with no way to play online, I ended up selling the game, and my "loyalty" to the PS3. Such a crying shame

#36 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@Fallen189: ...why not just keep it until June and see if you like the online?
#37 Posted by OneManX (1693 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" While it's down they should fucking add cross-game chat. God damnit. "
Keep the 30 days of PS+ and the free games, just give me cross game chat and we good.
#38 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

it is annoying that its still down but thankfully my life does not revolve around video games.
much as i love em

#39 Posted by Fallen189 (5016 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @Fallen189: ...why not just keep it until June and see if you like the online? "
Time's money man. With games being so expensive these days, and coming out at a frankly blistering pace, it's just not realy doable to keep it for so long.  The longer I keep it, the more it depreciates in value. It's a sorry way of looking at it, but like I said, with games coming out so often and at such a shockingly high price, I can't afford to keep games around and hope they "May be" good if PSN ever gets back up again

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.