Region issues.

#1 Posted by sam1am7000 (99 posts) -

Hi Duders, I'm from India but I picked up a copy of BF3 from the US. Now I want to get into the premium pack. How do I go about doing this?

I already have a PSN with an american address, but can I use a non-US credit card to buy stuff from the US PSN store? I'm worried about the billing address not matching up (I cannot change the country)...

Also I'm pretty sure that I have to buy the DLC from the US PSN store for it to work with my copy of the game... right?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

NOTE: Had already posted this but on the BF3 forums (no replies there). Mybe it makes more sense here.

#2 Posted by tallTuck94 (553 posts) -

Although I haven't tried it you could try buying an American PSN code off the internet. People on Ebay sell them but it might take a while to be sent to India. You might be able to get the seller to email you the code instead?

#3 Posted by mosespippy (4031 posts) -

You used to be able to buy things in other regions with a certain credit card but Sony removed support for that credit card when they found out. You're going to need to either get a US PSN card or a US credit card. You are correct that you will need the US DLC to work with the US copy of the game.

#4 Posted by sam1am7000 (99 posts) -

@mosespippy: I have a couple of friends in the US. Where should I ask then to get the PSN card? Alternatively I see a couple of places that I can get PSN credit online, i.e., the site will send me the code over mail. Eg. www.maximuscards.com.

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

You don't make another thread just because no one responded.

http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/region-related-query/35-558947/

#6 Posted by sam1am7000 (99 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

You don't make another thread just because no one responded.

http://www.giantbomb.com/battlefield-3/61-27006/region-related-query/35-558947/

I know I know... flag if you feel necessary. (as you can see I am not too active on the forums... not very aware of forum etiquette).

#7 Posted by mosespippy (4031 posts) -

@sam1am7000: I'm in Canada and I've seen the cards in Sears, The Source*, HMV, Sony Style, Future Shop**, Best Buy and EB Games. I would bet Wal Mart has them but I don't go to Wal Mart. I haven't been to a HMV lately either and I heard they were going to stop selling games and game stuff.

*which used to be owned by America's Circuit City before they went bankrupt so I don't know the American equivalent. Radio Shack maybe.

**A Canadian branch of Best Buy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.