'Welcome Back' program extended to July 5

#1 Edited by imsh_pl (3314 posts) -

The ability to claim the content from the 'Welcome Back' package was extended from July 3 to July 5, Joystiq reports.

Some of the users were apparently surprised when the option to claim your free games expired yesterday morning, claiming that the program was supposed to last "through" July 3.
The users' wait was supported by the fact that they wanted to activate the 30 free days of PlayStation Plus as late as possible.

So if you haven't claimed your free games yet now is the time to do so!

#2 Posted by amir90 (2178 posts) -

Doesn't apply to me as I made this account on 1st of July :o

#3 Posted by SamStrife (1286 posts) -

I'm disapointed with Sony giving in to this one. People were trying to play a game and get the next batch of plus content rather than the one when the store went up and lost the game they were playing.

#4 Posted by StrainedEyes (1334 posts) -
@SamStrife

I'm disapointed with Sony giving in to this one. People were trying to play a game and get the next batch of plus content rather than the one when the store went up and lost the game they were playing.

They could have gotten it on the 1st and still had access to both months' content. People who waited until the 3rd were just being stupid or lazy.
#5 Posted by StaticFalconar (4850 posts) -
@SamStrife said:

I'm disapointed with people on this one. People were trying to play a game and get the next batch of plus content and they didn't have the IQ required to get the timing down, so they lost the game they were playing.

fixed
#6 Edited by ProfessorEss (7523 posts) -

I totally forgot about the whole Welcome Back program due to it's nigh worthlessness to me. 
Guess I should go get something out of it, if I get around to it. 

I'm also kind of on the side of the complainers with this one. Make your wording very clear (ie: give the date and time) or just leave it roll till midnight of whatever was referred to as the final day. Avoid confusion and you won't have to deal with as much of it.

#7 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -

Got my PSP up and running yesterday and Welcome Back wasn't there anymore, so this is quite welcome.

Then again, I'm not going to play anything on my PSP except for Persona 3 Portable anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.