Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network (Vita)

Platform »

The PlayStation Network is Sony's digital storefront for delivering games, add-ons, and other content. This specific platform page focuses on the PlayStation Vita version of said storefront.

So, any word on PSN prepaid cards?

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Elazul

Hi all.

I was just wondering if anyone knows whether or not PS3/PSP Network prepaid cards work with the Vita? They're a good bit cheaper online than paying for stuff direct with a credit card so I'd rather get them that way, the only problem is that I don't have a PS3 an don't use my PSP so if they don't work then I'm pretty much screwed.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WMWA

I'm almost positive they do. They're being propped up in the Vita section with the other games/accessories at my Best Buy.

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By j0rdan

Yes of course they will. 
    They not for the PSP, or PS3 but rather they are for PSN, which is shared across all devices.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Elazul

Thanks for the positive responses, but has anyone actually tried it? I hate to be so pessimistic but I'd really rather know for sure before buying anything.

j0rdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By j0rdan

i dont use cards, but the prepaid cards are for PSN credit, not ps3 or psp credit,   but PSN credit, so they are all fine,  if in your local store they actually say ps3 or psp on the cards, its purely for marketing purposes and the PS3 brand is much more well known over the simple PSN branding.

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes they work. I just bought $100 from Best Buy and downloaded a lot of Vita games on my PS3 to prepare for when I pick mine up.

SuperCabboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SuperCabboy

I bought a prepaid card but I havent entered it because my local store hasn't gotten their shipment in.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Elazul

@Scrumdidlyumptious said:

Yes they work. I just bought $100 from Best Buy and downloaded a lot of Vita games on my PS3 to prepare for when I pick mine up.

Cool, thanks dude. Guess I'm off to buy some cheap PSN cards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.