Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

Are you buying anything with the 10% discount code?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By citizencoffeecake

So this weekend is when you can get the 10% discount on a whole cart purchase as a part of Sony's sorry we got ddos'd on Christmas make good. Are you guys taking advantage of it?

I'm thinking about getting the Telltale Game of Thrones thing and maybe Guacamelee since it's on sale for like $3 already. I mean 10% isn't that much but I've been thinking about getting those anyway so I may as well pull the trigger now. I kind of want to throw Dying Light in there too but I have my doubts about it.

Edit: Never mind about Dying Light, apparently you can't use the discount on pre-orders, bummer.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I used it to get Far Cry 4 since I had other games to play when it first came out.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By mosespippy

I had $6 on my account so I picked up Guacamelee and Tokyo Jungle from the flash sale, since they were $3 each. Figured I might as well use the code on em.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Oh I should probably get Yakuza 4 since I want to play that before 5 comes out here.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@marc said:

JBFHBPJL8H

No idea if you could give these codes away or not, but here is mine! As I will have no use for it before it expires.

These codes aren't one time use. That's the same code used by everybody on Canadian PSN. Everybody on American PSN can use the code KF56EM5KB3.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

I got quite a bit actually.

OlliOlli

Tokyo Jungle

Unfinished Swan

LIMBO

LUMINES SuperNova

I also had Worms 2, Castle Crashers and some other game I thought would be fun to play with the girlfriend, but then I realized I didn't have my second PS3 controller at the moment so I dropped them and said, what the hell, let's throw Far Cry 4 on there (what an overwhelming game by the way).

I've only played Far Cry 4 (PS4), Olli Olli and Unfinished Swan so far but I'm glad to have all of them, real fun or at least interesting stuff.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I picked up The Unfinished Swan and FEZ for 7 and change combined.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got duke nukem forever for 4 euros and whatever that 3rd person shooter xcom is called for 5 euros in the sale and the drive club season pass, not really spectacular

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By fattony12000

I bought OlliOlli (PS4/PS3/PSV) for £2.16.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i might go for the resident evil remake. and probably a few playstation 1 classics.

the season passes for the telltale games are a good idea, but they just take so long to come out. and id rather play them all in one go,

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671

Woohoo, I saved $1.40!!!

sawtooth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Digital Devil saga for less than $7.

DrZing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to use it on a preorder of Bloodborne. There wasn't even a confirmation screen or final cart screen, they are in a bit of a hurry to take your non-refundable preorder money. No big deal as I was going to buy it full price anyway... 10% never feels like that much when you think about it, but I'll probably use it for something.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking about getting Costume Quest 2 ($3), That wonky sword game ($6), and Splice (already on sale for PS+, $11.99). With the code it brings the total down to $18.89. But I also had an extra $4.45 sitting in my PSN account I didn't know I had already. So that is an extra bonus!

But also fuck them for removing pre orders. I was going to use this for Bloodbourne.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Tom_omb

Probably won't use it. I browsed the store thinking of maybe getting something cheap for my Vita, but nothing stood out in particular. I've got enough to play right now and 10% off isn't missing much.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

So they turned the outage into a promotion to push more game sales. I doubt I will use it.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cloudymusic

Nah, there's nothing out right now that I was already planning to buy, and 10% off isn't really enough to make me go out of my way to buy something that I wasn't previously planning to.

Joe423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I bought Adachi for P4U. I only saved about 37p but I didn't want anything else.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#20 fisk0  Moderator

Had already planned on getting Pier Solar, so I used the discount code to get it and a bunch of other games that were already discounted on the Digital Sale.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By GunstarRed

I was gonna use it on RE Revelations 2, but it doesn't include preorders. boo!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Let's see..

- Resident Evil Remaster
    - Alien Isolation DLC Pass
    - Sound Shapes
    - The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    - Freedom Wars
    - LUMINES Supernova
    - Odin Sphere
    - War of the Monsters
    - Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
    - Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
    - Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly

I ended up double-dipping, getting some stuff on the UK store and the US store. I had some money left over from the Christmas break, and all in all, I saved maybe £12.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

10% off Farcry 4 or Mordor doesn't sound like much when I could probably save more buying them later in the year when there's a lull. I ended up getting Costume Quest 2 from the flash sale and Murdered: Soul Suspect from the Square Enix sale.

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was going to use it on Mortal Kombat or Bloodborne, but since it doesn't work on preorders probably nothing.

BelowStupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil. I wanted to pick it up after I beat The Last of Us so I wouldn't split my attention, but 2 bucks off is nice.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, ten percent kind of seems like a joke of an apology. Like, they're definitely not taking a hit on that, and it seems like it'll just end up making them a bunch of money. That doesn't really come off as "we're sorry" to me. I'm happier about the PS+ extension, which seems more substantial and fair. Not that I really care either way because I wasn't trying to get on PSN on Christmas day, so this is all just niceties to me.

I will say the flash sale this weekend has been somewhat tempting, but it's mostly stuff I've already played.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grabbed Shadow Warrior, the Outlast Whistleblower DLC, and Blood Omen.

Shadow Warrior is pretty damn great, by the way. Any FPS fan needs to grab it for $6 quick.

FlarePhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hatking: Well considering they were victims of the attack just as much as we were, I think the fact they are giving us anything is more than enough. This is one thing that's really going to need to be worked out if we are ever going to be able to move to an all-digital future: what happens when a service is forced to go down for whatever reason. I mean if a physical store was burnt down, would you expect them to give all the customers some sort of compensation because they couldn't use it for a period of time?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Unfortunately, probably not. The main reason is because this is happening right before my next payday and I'm pretty much broke, so the discount code doesn't really help me with buying things I would likely use it on.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finding it pretty funny that they're presenting a discount to give them more money as an "apology". Kudos to the PR dept at Sony, smart stuff.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

just got Guilty Gear and the Leo dlc (ps3 version). Cool so far but man, I'm terrible and the game seems very stingy with directional inputs

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flarephoenix: It's weird though, because it is a different thing than physical stores. A closer analogy would be a gym that you have a membership at. You're basically paying them to keep their doors open. If there were a day where an employee broke their key off in the front lock and nobody could enter the gym, would you expect compensation then? Maybe, but most people (like me) wouldn't notice. But if the gym was like, "well, we're giving a 10% discount on our premium back massages this weekend as an apology," I'm not sure I'd really buy it. Like I said, the extension makes sense to me. It's literally making up for what was taken away, possibly multiple times over. The 10% discount thing sounds like marketing spin.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Grabbed Shadow Warrior, the Outlast Whistleblower DLC, and Blood Omen.

Shadow Warrior is pretty damn great, by the way. Any FPS fan needs to grab it for $6 quick.

Dude yea I got Shadow Warrior too, $6 is hard to pass up for that one.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Went a little nuts with the PS2 classics:

God Hand

SMT Devil Summoner 1 and 2

SMT Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2

I already own physical copies of DSum2, DDS1, and GH, but now I don't have to drag out my PS2 to start them.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

No. How convenient that they "accidently" left out the PS+ discounts this week.

DeathTrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been looking at the store, but I'm just not seeing anything that I want badly enough to pay near full price for. I'm tempted by Atelier Ayesha Plus ~The Alchemist of Dusk~, but I don't know enough about it to justify spending that kind of money. Especially with the horde of games (and New 3DS) out next week and next month.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

I got Unfinished Swan since it was already cheapish to begin with.

No. How convenient that they "accidently" left out the PS+ discounts this week.

Yeah that and the fact that the january sale, at least we had that in europe, suddenly ended before the end of january was a little suspicious. But it's still a business and they still want to make money so I can't say I'm terribly surprised. Even though I'm still a little dissapointed. You would have saved a lot more than 10% if you have bought those game while they still were on sale. Like 30-40% more in some cases.

burgavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By burgavo

I had 23,- euro's left on my account so I used the code to finally bite the bullet and pick up.... Driveclub? It's allright.

anyway, was this some kind of make good for the psn outage during the holliday's? if not then 10% is a pretty meager discount.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it possible to add it onto a preorder of Witcher 3? It's already 10% off, could get 20% off.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krullban said:

Is it possible to add it onto a preorder of Witcher 3? It's already 10% off, could get 20% off.

You can't use it on preorders.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42  Edited By agentboolen

@citizencoffeecake: only 10% off!! That's more like a scam to get me to buy something. I remember when they gave free games for something like this a few years ago. This we're sorry deal sucks I'll pass.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizencoffeecake: only 10% off!! That's more like a scam to get me to buy something. I remember when they gave free games for something like this a few years ago. This we're sorry deal sucks I'll pass.

That "something like this a few years ago" was several orders of magnitude larger than this. Accounts and credit card info were stolen and PSN was down for a month. This was 2 days of downtime due to a DDOS and there was no actual intrusion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought about it, I browsed around, but honestly 10% is not a very big discount, and while there were games I was interested in, I just didn't feel like spending money.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Tokyo Jungle for 2.70.

I also tried to pre-order Grim Fandango with the code but it didn't add it to my cart so I guess pre-orders are excluded.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Guacamelee and Costume Quest 2 and save a whole $.81.

The 10% discount was pretty insignificant if you weren't buying anything big, but if you were buying something anyway why not? That Flash Sale that was going on at the same time was much more noteworthy.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Picked up Shadow Warrior (which is actually pretty damn cool) and the Bioshock Infinite DLC, which I'm super excited to finally see.

dadjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to get Spelunky or Isaac for Vita but getting like $2 off of the $24 is basically meaningless. Waiting for a more significant sale.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HH

well i was gonna get saints row 4 re-elected but couldn't connect to the playstation store all day yesterday. was actually wondering if the really-need-to-get-laid squad had ddos'd them again on their discount weekend.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I couldn't find anything interesting so I didn't use the code. Got plenty of backlog to churn through right now anyhow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.