Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

Service is down for ages, what's going on?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quipido

So there was supposed to be a maintanence downtime today, it should have lasted two hours. I understand these things can take more time then predicted, but at this point it has been over 30 hours that I have been unable to log in to my profile or even open up the store page on PC. I just want to ask others if it's the same for everyone, because there is no offical word on their twitter accounts and the official PSN status page says everything is up and running. Neither my EU or US account is able to function - I can wait, but the lack of official support on their part is infuriating! I work night shifts and wanted to download something from the store and can't, I am like a little baby that has other things to play but just wants that one that it can't have!! Grrr...

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Honkalot

It sucks. For the longest time there was no status page at all, and even now it's not accurate, so the best option is still that third party page which I can't recall the name of right now.

Generally PSN is down 50% of the time I try to access it. I'll add that I don't use it all that often, but it just sucks that nearly every time I have people over for couch gaming PSN either in delayed maintenance or in the middle of being DDOSed for 3 days.

Bonus complaints: Slow download speed. Also it took a week of errors before being able to download the Goro model.

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's odd... I was just on it... Might be a local outage

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's something on your end. Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 4.4.4.4 (google's) and see if it changes anything. If not, talk with ISP, then Sony.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Quipido

@somejerk: Thanks for the advice - I don't see how changing DNS on a device could change anything when I am unable to connect from three different ones at the moment..?

EDIT: I went ahead and tried to change the DNS, no effect. When I go to test connection on the console, it connects to the internet and then fails at "PSN -> failed"

If there is anyone else in Czech Republic I would appriciate if you could tell me if the service is working for you. It gives me "error 80710092".

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN is weird and ...not great. About 50% of the time I log into my PS4 I get an error message saying it can't connect to the network. I go to test the connection and every test is successful. I never have these problems on my PS3 or my Vita so I don't get it.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teoball

Earlier today I couldn't start any of my digital games due to a licensing error. I tried restoring licenses but it failed, I tried deactivating my ps4 but that didn't help. After 3 hours it suddenly started working again. So weird.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ry_Ry

I was playing Bloodborne last night until 11:30 ish (CST) last night and didn't have issues getting messengers. When did it go down?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@teoball: I assume you have P.T. installed? Apparently, shit is/was all sorts of fucked up.

Twitter user pacifist_elk has recently confirmed that keeping the P.T. demo on a PlayStation 4 console may end up locking the whole PSN library of the user. Since the license has been removed from PSN, the usual license check will fail, locking the user out from his full PSN library. Even deleting P.T. from the console isn’t enough to prevent this from happening. If you’re among those who have downloaded P.T. you’d better keep your PlayStation 4 offline for the time being, as no solution has been found on the issue at the time of writing.

Source

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm on PSN right now, works like a charm (for once). Have you checked your ethernet cable is still connected? Or did you recently change your wireless network password?

Also, @babychoochoo: I have P.T. installed but don't experience any issues. At least not yet.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babychoochoo: Hmm, I might have. I'll have to check when I get home. It did start working again without me deleting anything though.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teoball: I assume you have P.T. installed? Apparently, shit is/was all sorts of fucked up.

Twitter user pacifist_elk has recently confirmed that keeping the P.T. demo on a PlayStation 4 console may end up locking the whole PSN library of the user. Since the license has been removed from PSN, the usual license check will fail, locking the user out from his full PSN library. Even deleting P.T. from the console isn’t enough to prevent this from happening. If you’re among those who have downloaded P.T. you’d better keep your PlayStation 4 offline for the time being, as no solution has been found on the issue at the time of writing.

Source

Newman!  ...I mean... Konami!
    Newman! ...I mean... Konami!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By monkeyking1969

@whitegreyblack said:
    @babychoochoo said:

Source

If that gets confirmed as the issue...well I will just laugh. Not at the users, I'd feel bad for them. But, jesus, I think Sony should give a stern warning to Konami to clean up its act and get its head screwed on (I'd tell them to "cut the shit", but I'm not sure if that would translate into some sort of compliment.) If P.T is the reals that is just the worst sort of error to the point where you just have to laugh in sadness.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By planetfunksquad

PSN is fine for me and I have PT installed. I'd be curious where the people who are affected by outages "50%" of the time live. Could be an issue with the US's apparently shitty internet? Cos I'm in the UK and the only time I've had outages since buying my PS4 in June last year is at maintainence times and around the DDOS's at Christmas.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSN is fine for me and I have PT installed. I'd be curious where the people who are affected by outages "50%" of the time live. Could be an issue with the US's apparently shitty internet? Cos I'm in the UK and the only time I've had outages since buying my PS4 in June last year is at maintainence times and around the DDOS's at Christmas.

I live in the US with pretty mediocre internet and I still connect like 99% of the time. If it doesn't connect it's almost always something I know going on on my end, or something widespread that is clearly affecting everyone.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am still unable to log in - my PS4 did just pull an update for a game, but my profile will not go online on consoles or on PC. I don't know what else to try, it must be on their end, right? No other issues with my internet, I didn't change anything in my setup either - I just came back from work and wanted to download Bioshock Infinite which was an PS+ title at one point, but I can't get on the store anywhere since then. Yesterday, which was about 12 hours into the outage, I connected on my phone (in the app) and searched for the game, pushed it to download, which reqires manual boot of the PS3 anyway and now it constantly says that I have content ready to be downloaded when I turn the PS3 on, but then it crumbles and gives me the error. I haven't been able to log back to the app since, so it must have worked for a brief momnent there and the consoles are both obviously connecting to the servers, but for some reason can not get through the log in process. Looks like I'm pretty much fucked, there has been no official word, maybe it's really a local issue, I will have to try and wait it out.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll be more than happy to try them! I tried following online guides for the error, but nothing helped and all the guides say it's an server maintenance issue if it can not be resolved locally.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShaggE

@babychoochoo: Wow. I'm sure it's an oversight that will be fixed, of course, but it's funny how the all-seeing middle finger of Konami is even hitting those of us who dodged the Great Delisting of '15 (never forget. *holds up tiny flag, salutes*).

THANKS KONAMI really needs to be the new THANKS OBAMA.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if it maybe will redirect you, but could anyone try and open my "local" Sony store page? It's in English anyway, here is the link - check if it contains the "en-cz" for you, thanks

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-cz/

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
    planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I just bought and downloaded FFX remaster for PS4 from my phone so PSN at least in North America I think

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@planetfunksquad: Thank you. I tried one more thing: switched wifi off on my phone and connected via mobile connection and it works. So that means there must be an issue with my router or something like that..?

I have tried unplugging it, waiting a couple of minutes and plugging back in, nothing changed. I also tried deleting my browser cookies, no luck there either.

So the issue is on my end but what else can I do??

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@quipido: I'm not an expert at this stuff (at all), but in my experience, the PS4's wireless card is utter garbage. If you're connecting through wireless, that might be part of your problem. For example, my PS4 is set up in my basement. Wireless connection. The PS4 frequently won't connect, even though it's right next to my wireless router. When I plug the router into the PS4 direct, I connect with no problem. I know it's not my wireless, since my PC and 360 are down there too and neither has any problem with the wireless unless my internet is down entirely.

I always connect direct for just that reason.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Quipido

@lawgamer: Thanks but that is not an issue, I have my consoles and PC less than a meter from my router and never had any issues at all.

Now I can not log in on PS4/PS3/PC - my internet is fine othewise. What else can I try?

EDIT: So I contacted Sony and they said the maintenance is taking longer than expected and I should just try later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.