Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Network

Concept »

The online service used on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation Vita.

Spotify for Playstation Is Here, And It Is Awesome

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RonGalaxy

Title says it all. They released it early this morning, and it works exactly how you think it should. Doesn't require ps plus, the free version works the same as it does on computer and tablets, you can play music while playing a game (which turns of the music in game, but keeps dialogue/other SFX on), and you can control it from another device. I don't think people are going to care about audio cds on ps4 now. It's also on ps3, not sure if it works the same there.

Edit: Just tried it on ps3. Its laggy as shit and you cant use it when playing a game. So it's kind of pointless on that platform.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
    deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

This version of spotify is pretty much perfect. To test it's chops I loaded up YouTube with music playing.... Success still have music, play a video and the music fades and pauses automatically, that's nice! Then I finish the video and the music fades in and resumes where I left off with no further input from myself. It's an incredibly well thought out app

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's awesome to hear! Unfortunately my PS4 can barely pull my Wifi signal (although my PS3 does just fine), and a physical connection is out of the question here, so I'll have to wait until I find a solution. But when I do, I'm super excited for Spotify. I've been wanting Spotify on consoles ever since Last.fm hit 360.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Pretty keen to check this out for MP games. Will be nice to listen to my own tunes of choice.

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Awesome! Music unlimited half the time failed to load, it didn't have a lot of niche bands that I like and I had to pay £10 for it. Spotify seems pretty good from the five minutes I've played with it. And yeah no lag.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I was VERY surprised when I put music on and then started up Bloodborne only to hear the music keep playing without a hitch. Considering Sony's spotty track record for updates I'm really impressed with how well this actually works.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was wondering who on earth would use a PS4 to play music but the ability to stream it in the background during gameplay is a nice feature.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It really is. I can definitely see myself using it extensively while playing Bloodborne. Especially since I think I like Babymetal now...

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well, I just did a quick check on Spotify and they don't have the Mortal Kombat (the movie) soundtrack so my dream of playing that over MKX is dashed. Really wish I could just use MP3s. This is cool in concept but I don't think there's enough stuff on Spotify that I want to play with video games/I don't want to pay to not have ads when I already have payed for a ton of the music.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Took it for a spin last night. Was really easy to navigate using my phone as a remote. Will definitely be using.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.