Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Automatic trophy syncing and auto cloud saving coming to PSN Plus

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By tobygw

Finally Sony puts out automatic trophy syncing. I've always found it incredibly dumb how you have to manually sync the trophies especially since a bunch of people might not know this and hardly ever sync them. It's sort of stupid though that it's only for PSN Plus users, except I myself am one so I'm still happy.

The cloud saving sounds interesting too, but I'm not sure exactly how that will work. Will it load the saves off the cloud or what?

The original joystiq article I heard about it from http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/09/ps3-firmware-3-7-brings-auto-cloud-saves-trophy-sync-for-ps-pl/

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

Yay! Good news for me.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

about time, i think i lost about a third of my trophies when my first ps3 got the yellow light of death. 

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

Have to manually synch? Whatchu talkin bout toby?

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tobygw

@TheHT: I mean whenever you get trophies on PS3 you have to either view your own playercard or compare trophies with a friend for them to be uploaded to your profile. For example if I played like Portal 2 and Red Dead Redemption but haven't looked at my playercard since I played them, no one else will be able to see any of the trophies I've gotten for them.

Another example would be let's say you got all the trophies for 2 games in one day. You're just about to sync your trophies so that you're friends can see them, but right before you do your PS3 breaks. Those trophies are now gone forever as they hadn't been synced yet and were being stored on the console. With auto-syncing, as soon as you get the trophy it will be uploaded and visible by others.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iDarktread

I actually love manually syncing my trophies. PlayStation Plus is super great for automatic downloads, though.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Muerthoz

I don't understand how automatic trophy sync isn't an option for everyone. It just seems like something that should be a standard feature. I don't see this update as anything that will increase users' opinions on Sony's "customer service".

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671

I tend to always check out my trophies after quitting out of a game and before shutting off my PS3, so this really isn't an issue for me.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By lego_my_eggo

it looks like trophies wont sync as soon as you get them, they are just grouping it in with the automatic download feature(now automatic update).

PlayStation.blog post

tobygw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tobygw

@Lego_My_Eggo: Well shit... I could care less about that.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT
    @tobygw said:

@TheHT: I mean whenever you get trophies on PS3 you have to either view your own playercard or compare trophies with a friend for them to be uploaded to your profile. For example if I played like Portal 2 and Red Dead Redemption but haven't looked at my playercard since I played them, no one else will be able to see any of the trophies I've gotten for them.

Another example would be let's say you got all the trophies for 2 games in one day. You're just about to sync your trophies so that you're friends can see them, but right before you do your PS3 breaks. Those trophies are now gone forever as they hadn't been synced yet and were being stored on the console. With auto-syncing, as soon as you get the trophy it will be uploaded and visible by others.

Holy shit, that's pretty stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.