Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Crysis 2 FREE to EU + subs this Nov.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Like the title says really.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/10/26/crysis-2-lands-on-playstation-plus-in-november/

Traded it not long after buying it. Might be worth another look.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

Even if I have no intention of playing it any time soon, I will be activating it on my account, just like all the other games they've put up.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By landon

Why is it that the EU store gets their free games announced so early?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Landon said:

They also get better stuff. And they can pre-load the digital versions of future retail releases. Basically, I guess it's just Sony Europe being much better than the North America division.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By spiceninja

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Landon said:

They also get better stuff. And they can pre-load the digital versions of future retail releases. Basically, I guess it's just Sony Europe being much better than the North America division.

The North American division needs to get it together. Europe is kicking our ass with these free games.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By awesomeusername

Damn you Euros! I'm nuking ya'll!

Seriously, you guys are lucky. Hell Yeah! and Crysis 2? Fuck you guys.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By neurotic

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Landon said:

The pre-loading of digital versions costs £20 more than it would just to get a physical copy so I don't see why anyone would choose that option and for every cool free game we get there are a dozen more games we never get on PSN. We still don't have Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Retro City Rampage, for example and The Walking Dead is always late. In something closer to my heart, Persona 3 FES still has not been released digitally and likely never will and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 have been promised for ages now with no results.

Also, the Store update on Wednesdays is very slow and sporadic and this week a bunch of stuff went missing (might be cos the new Store sucks though). Just go look at the comments underneath any Store update blog post. Granted, a lot of those people are whiners but they have genuine points. We do seem to be getting better free games from Plus but Sony Europe is in no way doing much better than the North America division. NA would have to be sucking pretty hard for that to happen.

I didn't mean to go off on a tangent but SCEE has been pissing me off lately. Don't care about Crysis 2 but it's a pretty big game to be getting free. My shitty Wi-fi means I'd never be able to download it (the case with most of these free games, sadly).

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Neurotic: Wait, there's an additional fee to pre-load a digital version of a game? Really? If so, then that's not nearly as awesome as I had thought.

We haven't gotten Digital Devil Saga, either, but I comprehend your complaints. Still, since not many of them would bother me, the superior PS+ catalogue of free games makes it so easy to perceive the Europe version of PSN as being superior to the NA version.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

No additional fee. It's just that publishers set the prices so high you can get the physical copy waaaaay cheaper.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By neurotic

@FluxWaveZ: It's like £60 ($96) for ACIII and was the same for Borderlands 2. Yeah, DDS was just an example of something being announced and never coming to fruition. There's a game called Dyad or something that still hasn't been released. Honestly, all the games that have yet to materialise on PSN here but have in NA or even on EU Xbox Live aren't important to me (I have a physical copy of P3:FES that I'm fine with) but it sucks for the people who were looking forward to those games and, who knows, one day it might be a game that's important to me. The sluggish, incomplete Store updates get on my nerves more.

Gradev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gradev

@Neurotic said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Landon said:

The pre-loading of digital versions costs £20 more than it would just to get a physical copy so I don't see why anyone would choose that option and for every cool free game we get there are a dozen more games we never get on PSN. We still don't have Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Retro City Rampage, for example and The Walking Dead is always late. In something closer to my heart, Persona 3 FES still has not been released digitally and likely never will and Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 have been promised for ages now with no results.

Also, the Store update on Wednesdays is very slow and sporadic and this week a bunch of stuff went missing (might be cos the new Store sucks though). Just go look at the comments underneath any Store update blog post. Granted, a lot of those people are whiners but they have genuine points. We do seem to be getting better free games from Plus but Sony Europe is in no way doing much better than the North America division. NA would have to be sucking pretty hard for that to happen.

I didn't mean to go off on a tangent but SCEE has been pissing me off lately. Don't care about Crysis 2 but it's a pretty big game to be getting free. My shitty Wi-fi means I'd never be able to download it (the case with most of these free games, sadly).

There's also no DYAD but sounds like that's on the developer, said it would take a month to localise. Three months later still no DYAD.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shookems

Seriously euro ps+ has been kicking the shit out of the US version lately

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Solh0und
    @Shookems said:

Seriously euro ps+ has been kicking the shit out of the US version lately

Yeah, I'm starting to think I subscribed to the WRONG version of plus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.