Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Difference between PS+ Aus Vs other versions

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mrfizzy

Hey All,

So a few days ago I signed up for a three month PS+ membership. I think it quite a cool idea and I'm excited to see what games I get to play even tho there are none I'm really interested in at the moment.

I do have one question tho and that is how does the games selection differ between my service (Australia) and others. Does each region get its own set of games each month or is it more or less uniform across all areas? Also do all the games get updated on the first of each month or something or are they added as the month goes by?

Thanks!

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By shirogane

Australia is basically the same as EU. Maybe a few differences every now and then, but in general AU PSN=EU PSN.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BlackLagoon

Yeah, Aus is managed by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, so you get the same stuff for Plus. The main difference is that occasionally there will be games not published there due to the OFLC ratings (if it's too violent it may be rejected, if it's low budget they may not want to pay for a rating), and you end up with a substitute title instead.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EVO

Someone will have to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure you can create a US and Japanese account and get access to each regions PS+ games.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shirogane

@EVO said:

Someone will have to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure you can create a US and Japanese account and get access to each regions PS+ games.

Yeah, this is true, but you'll have to use the points cards to buy money since you can't use your own credit card.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EVO

@Shirogane said:

@EVO said:

Yeah, this is true, but you'll have to use the points cards to buy money since you can't use your own credit card.

Is that for all PSN content, or just PS+? Cause I was thinking of creating a US account to buy Dyad.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shirogane

@EVO said:

@Shirogane said:

@EVO said:

Is that for all PSN content, or just PS+? Cause I was thinking of creating a US account to buy Dyad.

All PSN content. Just make sure you get the right card for the right country and enter the code. It puts money into your wallet and you can use that for anyting on the PSN store.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kpaadet

@EVO: I dont know where you are from, but Dyad is on the EU store.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EVO

@kpaadet said:

@EVO: I dont know where you are from, but Dyad is on the EU store.

Australia. Just checked and it's not on there.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BlackLagoon

@EVO: Yeah, the store update listed it as not available in Australia. Guess the developer didn't get an OFLC rating.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Snail

@Shirogane said:

@EVO said:

@Shirogane said:

@EVO said:

All PSN content. Just make sure you get the right card for the right country and enter the code. It puts money into your wallet and you can use that for anyting on the PSN store.

Are you sure this is accurate? I'm pretty sure I was able to buy content from the NA PlayStation store some four years ago using a credit card that wasn't tied to an American account.

kpaadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kpaadet

@Snail said:

@Shirogane said:

@EVO said:

@Shirogane said:

@EVO said:

Are you sure this is accurate? I'm pretty sure I was able to buy content from the NA PlayStation store some four years ago using a credit card that wasn't tied to an American account.

Dosn't work anymore.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By shirogane

@kpaadet said:

@Snail said:

@Shirogane said:

@EVO said:

@Shirogane said:

@EVO said:

Dosn't work anymore.

Not credit card, as i said in the first reply that doesn't work. You need to buy those prepaid PSN cards and enter the code into the PSN store. It's what i've been doing with my Vita, since the AU Vita PSN is pretty crappy.

keshav1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does an American ps plus code work on an Australian psn account???

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.