February PS+ Content (NA)

#1 Edited by GiantBomber2020 (11 posts) -

Free Games

February 5th: Guardians of Middle Earth

February 12th: Closure

February 18th: Vanquish, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X

February 26th: Plants vs. Zombies (Vita only)

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/discounts/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSDISCOUNTS

Free DLC

February 18th: Dust 514 Starter Pack

Discounts

Game TitleNormal PricePS Plus Sale
Knytt Underground (PS3, Vita, Cross-buy)$14.99$8.99
Big Sky Infinity (PS3, Vita, Cross-buy)$9.99$5.99
Alien Breed (PS3 , Vita, Cross-buy)$9.99$7.99
Urban Trial Freestyle (PS3)$14.99$11.99
Urban Trial Freestyle (Vita)$9.99$7.99
Retro/Grade (PS3)$9.99$2.44
Retro/Grade Soundtrack$7.99$1.74

PS Vita Anniversary Sale

Game TitleNormal PriceSale PricePS Plus Sale
Escape Plan$14.99$10.49$7.34
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational$35.99$25.19$17.63
Hustle Kings PS Vita$9.99$6.99$4.89
Little Deviants$17.99$12.59$8.81
MLB The Show 12 PS Vita$17.99$12.59$8.81
ModNation Racers: Road Trip$17.99$13.99$9.79
MotorStorm RC Complete Edition$11.99$8.39$5.87
PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale$35.99$25.19$17.63
Reality Fighters$17.99$12.59$8.81
Smart As$26.99$18.89$13.22
Sound Shapes$14.99$10.49$7.34
Super Stardust Delta$9.99$6.99$4.89
Unit 13$26.99$18.89$13.22

You can find all NA PS+ content here

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/playstationplus/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PLAYSTATIONPLUS

NA PS+ is updated weekly. New content is announced Monday mornings on the Playstation Blog. The Store is updated on Tuesdays to reflect any free games, discounts and other content.

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -
#3 Posted by Rave (370 posts) -

Very disappointed with PS+ lately especially when compared to the European offerings. Didn't they get sleeping dogs this month? Once again this is another month I own the game they are giving out.

#4 Posted by blueinferno (448 posts) -

That's kind of lame. But I guess I wouldn't have paid money for Guardians of Middle-Earth, maybe I'll enjoy it.

#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

@Rave said:

Very disappointed with PS+ lately especially when compared to the European offerings. Didn't they get sleeping dogs this month? Once again this is another month I own the game they are giving out.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus for the Vita is pretty cool. Not all of them are winners, though, but there's enough good stuff that I'm not that frustrated about it. It does seem like Europe consistently gets better stuff than us. This month, for example, they're getting Lumines for the Vita for free and I want that so much.

#6 Edited by GiantBomber2020 (11 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

This thread already exists (though I guess it isn't in the PS+ forums):

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion/30/the-pick-up-na-playstation-store-update-for-february-weekly/577607/

I was wondering why you didn't update it. Since I already created this thread, I'll keep it updated until the end of the month.

@Rave said:

Games are added weekly for NA. Expect 5 games a month: 3 PS3 and 2 Vita. Sometimes there's more.

#7 Posted by Hunkulese (2702 posts) -
@Rave
I'd rather see lesser well known games that I'd probably never buy anyway than AAA games I've probably already played.
#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

@GiantBomber2020 said:

I was wondering why you didn't update it. Since I already created this thread, I'll keep it updated until the end of the month.

Yeah, I usually make these threads but I passed for February, opting for the link I posted. Might be useful having a thread solely for PS+ stuff like this one instead of everything PSN.

#9 Posted by Rafaelfc (1333 posts) -

Quantum Conundrum was stealthily added to the free games section.

#10 Posted by Marcsman (3183 posts) -

Color me disappointed.

#11 Edited by Lukeweizer (2657 posts) -

I kind of don't understand the amount of praise PS+ gets. Sometimes, I'd rather just keep my $50 instead of paying to get games I already own, are not interested in or have already played for "free". I understand that it's subjective to the individual, but I just haven't gotten a whole lot out of it. Maybe I'm just butt-hurt over the awesome stuff that Europe gets. On the other hand, if this is the alternative to having free online-play, I'll take it.

#12 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19331 posts) -

@Rafaelfc said:

That was added in November 2012.

#13 Edited by GiantBomber2020 (11 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Rafaelfc said:

That was added in November 2012.

It was removed by accident somewhere in the beginning of January, but still shown on the main page for PS+.

@Lukeweizer said:

I kind of don't understand the amount of praise PS+ gets. Sometimes, I'd rather just keep my $50 instead of paying to get games I already own, are not interested in or have already played for "free". I understand that it's subjective to the individual, but I just haven't gotten a whole lot out of it. Maybe I'm just butt-hurt over the awesome stuff that Europe gets. On the other hand, if this is the alternative to having free online-play, I'll take it.

Well, of course if you already own many of the games that are free, you won't get as much out of it as other subscribers, but maybe you'll take advantage of more of the discounts. The 13 for '13 sale was pretty good, as was the 4-week holiday sale and October sale. Keep in mind that we did get stuff like Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, Rochard, and cross-play titles like Retro City Rampage. If you already own a lot of the PS3/PSN games free for NA, wouldn't you own even more of the games offered to Europe since they're usually more popular?

By the way, this is only one of the five games for this month. There are at least 3 PS3 games every month.

#14 Edited by GiantBomber2020 (11 posts) -

PS Plus Update 2-19-13

Note: this content will be added when the store updates mid-Tuesday.

Vanquish will replace Payday: The Heist and Mega Man Maverick Hunter X will replace Retro City Rampage(PS3 & Vita), so it's best to sign up and checkout those games now rather than after the store updates if you want the newer games and are even mildly interested in the 2 games leaving the collection.

#15 Posted by spiceninja (3056 posts) -

Vanquish being free is amazing. I played Mega Maverick Hunter back in the day, great game. All of these free Vita and PSP games are really getting me interesting in buying a Vita.

#16 Posted by Epidehl (286 posts) -

Oh cool, was looking to try out Vanquish at some point, with MGR out this week I can get myself a double-dose of Platinum!

#17 Posted by mosespippy (4133 posts) -

I thought Vanquish was a racing game. Turns out I was thinking of either Blur or Split Second. Now I'm disappointed.

#18 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Oh man, I'm so excited to play Vanquish. Not bad, PlayStation Plus.

#19 Edited by Quarters (1685 posts) -

Too bad I already played Vanquish. Pretty decent game. Might redownload it if I'm feeling frisky.

#20 Edited by GiantBomber2020 (11 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.