Free PS+ codes (IGN + PS All-Stars promotion)

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

I feel a bit weary about spreading the "news"... but here: http://www.ign.com/prime/promo/battleroyale

Need to create an IGN account and it's only for U.S. people, anyone not in the country who attempts this won't get a code and it'll give an error.

Of course, like anything, people are duping the living hell out of this thing. I've been liking PS+ offerings so far; I really hope this doesn't hurt things.

Also, this has been available for hours now. With this and what recently happened with Origin, I don't understand why they can't just shut things down when it's obvious things are getting a little crazy.

[EDIT]: It's over. After four hours, someone finally got smart or they ran out of codes.

#2 Posted by psylah (2181 posts) -

Does it add time if you already have PS+?

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@psylah said:

Does it add time if you already have PS+?

Yes, the codes stack (up to a certain point, I believe).

#4 Edited by Winsord (1249 posts) -

Hmm, all I seem to be getting is "Error retrieving promo code".

Edit: No wait, got it working now. Thanks!

#5 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@Winsord: Do you live in the U.S.?

Ah, well never mind.

#6 Posted by Snail (8617 posts) -

Hm. Any workaround on this for someone accessing the website from outside the US?

#7 Edited by Turtlebird95 (2492 posts) -

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing this.

#8 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I got all excited, until I redeemed it and discovered that all the North American PSN games are bollocks. :(

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@Snail said:

Hm. Any workaround on this for someone accessing the website from outside the US?

I heard something about using a smartphone to access the site, but otherwise I think you'd need to do some complex stuff with your IP so that the website recognizes it as a U.S. one instead of the actual IP.

The codes would only work with a U.S. PSN account, anyways.

#10 Edited by Snail (8617 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Snail said:

I heard something about using a smartphone to access the site, but otherwise I think you'd need to do some complex stuff with your IP so that the website recognizes it as a U.S. one instead of the actual IP.

The codes would only work with a U.S. PSN account, anyways.

Yes, I know. Those are easy to get.

#11 Posted by Snail (8617 posts) -

@mandude said:

I got all excited, until I redeemed it and discovered that all the North American PSN games are bollocks. :(

This month's NA PS+ catalog is vastly more appealing than its EU counterpart.

#12 Posted by Indiana_Jenkins (392 posts) -

I'm not complaining, but the page gave me two codes. Thanks for the tip.

#13 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@Indiana_Jenkins: It's written in the details, I believe. It's meant to be one code for yourself and another for a friend so that both of you can play PS All-Stars together.

#14 Posted by Bocam (3785 posts) -

Now I have 4 free months of PS+

#15 Posted by Giantstalker (1688 posts) -

Does this work for Canadians? I hesitate to ask.

#16 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@Giantstalker said:

Does this work for Canadians? I hesitate to ask.

Original post, man...

@Bocam said:

Now I have 4 free months of PS+

Almost seems like they want people to be doing this for how long it's been up. Can't wait to see if we'll get an official response.

#17 Posted by Winsord (1249 posts) -

@Snail said:

http://www.tunnelbear.com/

Tunnel Bear is a US & UK VPN that's super easy to use, it's what I used to grab my code (Canada).

#18 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

Weird, they aren't giving codes to people now that the beta is "public"? I got one when it was private and I wasn't even a PS+ member.

#19 Posted by MetalBaofu (1413 posts) -

@Snail said:

This month's NA PS+ catalog is vastly more appealing than its EU counterpart.

I don't think I could disagree with that more. I've enjoyed every game I have gotten from PS plus since I signed up earlier this year, until this month. NFL Blitz, King of Fighters, and Payday....I'm just not interested in them at all. However, I would totally play Hell Yeah!, and would probably play through Bulletstorm and Resident Evil 5 again.

#20 Posted by Barrock (3545 posts) -

Do you have to enter that on your PS3 or do they give you the ability to type it in on your PC like the 360?

#21 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

It's over. After four hours, someone finally got smart or they ran out of codes.

#22 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

It keeps saying "error retrieving promo code." :(

#23 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1146 posts) -

Can anyone give me a PS+ code? I do have a US-acccount but I don't live in the US. It'd be great.

#24 Edited by INFINITE_CASH (194 posts) -

It's telling me there is a problem retrieving the code.

Crap I wasn't fast enough.

#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

@Winsord said:

Tunnel Bear is a US & UK VPN that's super easy to use, it's what I used to grab my code (Canada).

I did not realize the U.S. PS+ codes worked for Canadians. If I knew, I might have taken advantage of this. Good to know, anyways.

#26 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

@TrafalgarLaw: Sent you a PM with the code.

#27 Posted by Nightriff (5152 posts) -

7 minutes late?! FUCK!!!!

#28 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (1146 posts) -

@xobballox said:

@TrafalgarLaw: Sent you a PM with the code.

You're a champ!

#29 Posted by altairre (1215 posts) -

If someone has a code to spare I'd love to try it out. Been on the fence for a while now but I was a little too slow it seems.

#30 Posted by SpaceRunaway (870 posts) -

I must have tried it just as they ran out. At least I have this IGN account now :\

#31 Posted by Lautaro (448 posts) -

Damn I missed this. Just my luck.

#32 Posted by Winsord (1249 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Winsord said:

I did not realize the U.S. PS+ codes worked for Canadians. If I knew, I might have taken advantage of this. Good to know, anyways.

Yup, just punched my codes in and they worked. Two free months of PS+ on a Canadian account, not bad.

#33 Posted by shootermcclay (219 posts) -

I would be more than happy to take an extra code if someone has one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.