Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

I've done goofed up. PS+ subscription for 365 days (UK)

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dunchad

Heya duders. Here's the deal. Being an idiot I thought that PSN is unified for the whole Europe and so I purchased my Playstation Plus subscription from the UK Amazon assuming it would still work for me here, in Finland. Or rather, none of this even entered into my mind as a possible issue, when I ordered the thing.

So here I am. I have a scratched voucher with 365 day subscription code for PS+, worth 40 pounds, that I can't use. I contacted Sony customer support and tried to beg for some/any help - there's nothing they can do. I contacted Amazon and tried to seem sad and pathetic, hoping they'd be magnanimous enough to take the thing back despite the nature of the item and opened package - no luck.

So I turn to you. Or to you British duders in particular. Any of you want a years subscription for PS+ and were willing to, maybe, trade a game on Steam for it or etc.? I'd hate to lose those 40£, but if I can't find any takers, then I'll have to devise some kind of giveaway. But I thought I'd try recoup my losses first.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

Sorry man, i'm subbed up to the eyeballs, I will ask a couple of chums though for you.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

Sorry to hear about your problem, and but don't PSN cards work for all Europe? Is it region locked as well?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By subject2change

@Dunchad said:

Heya duders. Here's the deal. Being an idiot I thought that PSN is unified for the whole Europe and so I purchased my Playstation Plus subscription from the UK Amazon assuming it would still work for me here, in Finland. Or rather, none of this even entered into my mind as a possible issue, when I ordered the thing.

So here I am. I have a scratched voucher with 365 day subscription code for PS+, worth 40 pounds, that I can't use. I contacted Sony customer support and tried to beg for some/any help - there's nothing they can do. I contacted Amazon and tried to seem sad and pathetic, hoping they'd be magnanimous enough to take the thing back despite the nature of the item and opened package - no luck.

So I turn to you. Or to you British duders in particular. Any of you want a years subscription for PS+ and were willing to, maybe, trade a game on Steam for it or etc.? I'd hate to lose those 40£, but if I can't find any takers, then I'll have to devise some kind of giveaway. But I thought I'd try recoup my losses first.

Have you considered eBay? Just tell them you'll email them the code so they have immediate access.

lorbst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lorbst

You could just make a UK account and use that as your +account. You can still play all the UK games on your finnish account. I did this myself when suddenly PSN didn't recognize my weird danish name and address.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By alternate

ebay

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

You can create a UK PSN account in your PlayStation 3, redeem the code on that account then use that account to download stuff. The biggest hold-up is with the save-files cloud storage, which you might be able to take advantage of if:

1. You transferred save files from your main account to this secondary UK one;
    2. Synced them;
    3. If you have another PS3 log in with your UK account;
    4. Download the save files;
    5. Transfer them to your main account in that other PS3 if you do have one.

If you don't have more than one PS3 then that shouldn't even be that much of an issue I guess, unless you were really looking forward to keeping back-ups of save files using PS+.

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Dunchad

I considered the 2nd account thing. But I don't have PS3, I have a Vita. And the interesting thing here, is that they tie in the accounts to the system. So each time I wanted to switch between accounts, I would have to do a factory reset as far as I know.

So, yeah. And I thought about selling it, but I figured it would seem rather shady and people wouldn't be interested. Here though, I thought people would be more trusting of each other, so I might find someone interested in a trade. And in the end, I'd rather give it away to a fellow duder than start creating auctions and stuff.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By subject2change

@Dunchad said:

I considered the 2nd account thing. But I don't have PS3, I have a Vita. And the interesting thing here, is that they tie in the accounts to the system. So each time I wanted to switch between accounts, I would have to do a factory reset as far as I know.

So, yeah. And I thought about selling it, but I figured it would seem rather shady and people wouldn't be interested. Here though, I thought people would be more trusting of each other, so I might find someone interested in a trade. And in the end, I'd rather give it away to a fellow duder than start creating auctions and stuff.

People buy Keys all the time online, they are usually quicker to get then going to the store and being out doors. You'll prob take a loss, but its better than a total loss.

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dunchad

Oh, this is just fucking tragic. Jesus.

Since I had resigned to my fate, I decided to buy another 365 subscription from the actual store. Now I could finally download Mortal Kombat, which was one of the main reasons I was buying the thing. MK is not available for download anymore. I guess the content changes every 21st instead of the end of the month, because Sony is totally fucking unreasonable?

Haven't felt this kind of impotent rage in a while.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jimmyfenix

sucks duder :/

HeyImPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HeyImPhoenix

It's really not your day is it bro? Never mind you can count on giant bomb to cheer you up! If all else fails, Watch jontron! :)

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By jozzy

@Dunchad said:

I don't understand why Sony can't do anything about it. Why don't they give you a correct code for your region, and invalidate the code you have so you can't resell it. Or just be a nice and decent company and just give it to you regardless because this kind of region locking is confusing and sucks.

EDIT: Situations like this are a chance for a company to foster real loyalty by doing something nice when maybe technically they don't have to

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By mosespippy

@Dunchad said:

Oh, this is just fucking tragic. Jesus.

Since I had resigned to my fate, I decided to buy another 365 subscription from the actual store. Now I could finally download Mortal Kombat, which was one of the main reasons I was buying the thing. MK is not available for download anymore. I guess the content changes every 21st instead of the end of the month, because Sony is totally fucking unreasonable?

Haven't felt this kind of impotent rage in a while.

Content changes every week. Some games are up for only a week, some have been up since E3. That's why the expiring soon option of the PS+ section of PSN exists.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Snail

@Dunchad said:

Wait, are you sure? You can only have one account per Vita? Well then forget that I guess. I'd be willing to trade something on Steam for it, I have a few games hanging there. I'm not from the UK though, so I'd be doing the sort of workarounds I described to you on my previous post in this thread.

Wait, I just thought of something else. Can't you just change the region of your account? My only doubt is whether or not a Finnish credit card would work there, but I think there's a fair change it might. They're both EU countries after all, and often there's this sort of commercial facilitation.

EDIT: Oh well, I see you've bought a subscription you can actually use for yourself. I looked around and I don't think it's possible to change the region of your PSN account - not easily, anyway. Still, if no one from the UK turns up, I'm more than willing to trade something on Steam for it. I have a few games hanging around in my inventory, so if you're interested PM me.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#16  Edited By alistercat

I would love to help you out but I can't this week. If you still have it next week then let me know.

Dunchad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dunchad

@jozzy: @Snail:

Yeah, see - those are all reasonable expectations/suggestions. It really is weird that even though PSN store is shared for the whole EU (as far as I know), they would still region lock things like these. It's a pain in the ass that your PSN account is tied to Vita like this and it's ridiculous that it is impossible to change the region of your PSN account afterwards. If I ever move abroad, I'll have to create a new account instead of asking them to change my region? What kind of bullshit is that?

I mean, I get it - they really REALLY don't want people to buy games outside their region. But come on - there should be some leeway. Would changing my account region, even temporarily, really be that bad? And it's impossible to add the subscription to my account manually and disable the code...really? *sigh*

@AlisterCat: Yeah, it's not going anywhere in a hurry - so just get back to me whenever.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.