May's Looking Like A Great Month For PS+

#1 Edited by Tearhead (2152 posts) -

Just letting you guys know about the great games coming next month for PS+. Of note are Trine 2, Rock of Ages, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Castlevania Chronicles which will be free downloads. Also coming up are discounts for full games, such as Saint's Row The Third ($47.99) and Rayman Origins ($15.00).

Exclusives:Early Access:
Pixel Junk 4am Closed Viewer Beta – 5/1
Velocity (Free PS mini) – 5/1
Free Downloads:PSN Games:
Awesomenauts – 5/1
Trine 2 – 5/1
Rock of Ages – 5/15
Minis:
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims – 5/1
Velocity – 5/1
PS one Classics:
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night – 5/1
Castlevania Chronicles – 5/1
Full Game Trials:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 – 5/1
Disney Universe – 5/1
Saints Row The Third – 5/8
Assassin’s Creed Revelations – 5/15
Batman Arkham City - 5/15
Rayman Origins– 5/15
Need for Speed The Run – 5/15
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition – 5/22
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Future Soldier – 5/22
Free Avatars and Themes:
Dead Cloud Avatar – 5/15
Gear Avatar – 5/15
Mesh Dynamic Theme – 5/22
Discounts:PSN Games:
Datura – 5/8 (PS Plus Price – $7.99)
Disney Universe – 5/1 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Rayman: Origins – 5/15 (PS Plus Price: $15.00)
Saints Row The Third – 5/8 (PS Plus Price: $47.99)

What do you guys think about all these goodies? Any games you excited to get?

#2 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

MEH i still don't understand ps plus. I prefer pay as you go for everything. I don't even have a cell phone contract.

#3 Posted by Mijati (883 posts) -

The European month is awesome.

PS3 Games

Awesomenauts – 100% off

Hamsterball – 100% off until July 4th

Wakeboarding HD – 100% off until July 4th

Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom – 100% off until July 4th

Sky Fighter – 100% off until July 4th

Ricochet HD – 100% off until July 4th

Mushroom Wars – 100% off until July 4th

Magic Orbz – 100% off until July 4th

Smash Cars – 100% off until July 4th

Classics

Silent Hill (PSone Classic) – 100% off

Only available until 9th May 2012 – grab it before it’s gone!

Max Payne (PS2 Classic) – 100% off

minis

Velocity (minis) – 100% off and two weeks exclusively for PS Plus.

LA Gridlock (minis) – 100% off

#4 Posted by GeneralZod37 (259 posts) -

Now that I know that Awesomeanuts is free I am really excited to see what it is all about.

#5 Posted by N7 (3573 posts) -

Wow, this is nuts. So many free games.

So glad I renewed my subscription a couple months ago. This is the shit.

#6 Posted by Zidd (1838 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist: its worth it just for the automatic downloads and cloud saves. you can queue up a bunch of em and it will finish them whenever you setup your automatic download to take place so you can take advantage of people around you not using the internet at 4am. The free games are just the icing on the cake. Then again I probably make more of a big deal out of the cloud saves because my ps3 died and all my saves were backed up so I only lost the 2 saves I didn't back up (this was before it did it automatically).

#7 Edited by killacam (1284 posts) -

amazing. hope sony fixes my baby up quick! also $15 for rayman: origins is unreal. might feel obliged just so i have a ps copy to compliment my 360's.

ps plus absolutely destroys XBL gold. i mean, sony gives you for free pretty much all of what a microsoft gold membership offers.. but these games and offers just get better and better.

#8 Posted by Enigma777 (6057 posts) -

I hope the PS+ discount is for the Vita version of Rayman: Origins as well!

#9 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

Yep, PS+ has the far better deals than XBL nowadays. DotW on XBL is mostly crap, with COD mappacks every second week and so on.

#10 Posted by Creamypies (4050 posts) -

@DarkDude: What's awesome about that? Silent Hill is available for free already. Awesomenauts and Max Payne are pretty much the only things worth mentioning in that bunch.

#11 Posted by Mijati (883 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

@DarkDude: What's awesome about that? Silent Hill is available for free already. Awesomenauts and Max Payne are pretty much the only things worth mentioning in that bunch.

Yeah, I hate getting 13 games for free too. Fuck this shit!

I own none of those games, (other than Silent Hill which is only included on that list as it started late last month).

Trine 2 was free the other month so they wouldn't give us that again obviously.

#12 Posted by PokeIkzai (385 posts) -

Wait you European guys have Max Payne on PSN? Dannnnnng lucky. :P

#13 Posted by Creamypies (4050 posts) -

@DarkDude: It's not "free" though, is it? PS+ comes with a subscription fee. I'm just saying that compared to previous months, this one is kinda weak. I guess PS+ has spoiled me over this past year, so when I see little of interest being offered, it kinda bums me out.

#14 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

I hope Datura is good. It sounds awesome but the execution could be poor. I can finally get some use with my move controller.

#15 Posted by Mijati (883 posts) -

@Creamypies: There's well over £5 of value there (or however much PS+ costs). For me, this is one of the best months since I joined the service a little over a year ago. I mean sure, there's not one stand out title there really or a big name full retail game but getting a bunch of decent PSN games is good for me as they're the sorts of games I wouldn't have bought myself as they're a little too expensive so it's great to get them for "free".

#16 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

Definitely will play Rock of Ages and SOTN . I just bought Trine 2 on steam , but can't complain about free games . This is one of the best months for PS + , yet ..

#17 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

looks good to me. I was just about to buy CSOTN, glad i forgot about it.

#18 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

@DarkDude said:

@Creamypies: There's well over £5 of value there (or however much PS+ costs). For me, this is one of the best months since I joined the service a little over a year ago. I mean sure, there's not one stand out title there really or a big name full retail game but getting a bunch of decent PSN games is good for me as they're the sorts of games I wouldn't have bought myself as they're a little too expensive so it's great to get them for "free".

yeah, SotN is $10 alone.. i've wanted to play it for a while. glad i waited.

#19 Posted by lightsoda (540 posts) -

Does Awesomenauts have kick ass music like in the trailer? If so I might have to get it!

#20 Posted by pyromagnestir (4240 posts) -

What is a full game trial? They unlock the whole game? Seems crazy if that's the case.

#21 Posted by Cubic (171 posts) -

Man, I should get in on this shit. I'd already be a PS+ subscriber if my university's internet didn't block all the ports you need to connect to PSN, bloody education getting in the way of my video games.

#22 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

@VisariLoyalist said:

MEH i still don't understand ps plus. I prefer pay as you go for everything. I don't even have a cell phone contract.

Ordinarily I'm with you, but Playstation Plus is pretty epic. I was a playstation hater and just bought one for Twisted Metal. Playstation Plus came free with the unit and I've been a paid subscriber since. It's great to get a mix of games every month that are directly beamed to your unit that you might not have heard of/investigated before. It only works if they're decent, which they, so far, have been. It honestly remeinds m eof when I was little and traded games with my friends. THat was the way you experienced quality games that were magazine darlings, but had a personal charm of their own. This month featured a C-teired futuristic racing game that nobody paid any attention to, but is easily as good as people feel wipeout is, in my opinion.

#23 Posted by Sogeman (863 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

What is a full game trial? They unlock the whole game? Seems crazy if that's the case.

It's the full game for I think an hour. After that you can buy it and keep any trophies or progress if I remember correctly.

#24 Posted by pyromagnestir (4240 posts) -

@Sogeman: That makes a lot more sense.

#25 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

@Sogeman: That makes a lot more sense.

except that no game these days goes anywhere within an hour...

#26 Posted by pyromagnestir (4240 posts) -

@JazGalaxy: Well there is that, yes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.