Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

One Of The PS+ Games Will Now Be Up To A Community Vote

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Teddie

So for select months every year (starting with this September), one of the free games will be decided by a community vote, restricted to current PS+ members. Voting is supposed to start on the 13th August. More details on Sony's site.

Although I'm a little worried abut frustrating outcomes (Steam sale community votes, anyone?), this seems like a pretty neat addition to the service. I'm also super interested to see what games they put up in this section-- I have no idea what Zombie Vikings is, but Armello and Grow Home are some pretty top tier games as far as I'm concerned (I'm especially interested in Armello after that Quick Look, so I'll be picking that up despite the fact that I can't see it winning this vote).

Maybe someday all those people complaining about Knack not being on PS+ that month will get to vote it in and then they'll have nobody to blame but themselves.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Hope that Grow Home wins. I've wanted it for awhile, but I hate playing on PC.

StrawHat_NPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By StrawHat_NPC

@teddie: It won't be every month. From Playstation Blog "To be clear, Vote to Play will not be a monthly feature, but will take place at regular intervals throughout the year."

I really hope Armello wins because it looks awesome.

edit: I guess Armello is going to be twice the price of the other two so that's another pretty good reason to vote for it.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Tesla

That's cool. I'll be interested to see how big of a discount they'll put on the games that don't win the vote.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Aquablak

Armello looks awesome. Grow Home looks good (haven't played it yet), but I'll definitely be voting for Armello.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@teddie said:

Although I'm a little worried abut frustrating outcomes (Steam sale community votes, anyone?), this seems like a pretty neat addition to the service.

It seems like a neat feature, but that's basically how I feel. Armello looks awesome, so I'm voting for it.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Grow Home was @brad's GotY to date when he played it back in the spring. I wonder if anything has surpassed it yet. Witcher 3 perhaps?

I know nothing of this Armello...I'll have to check out the QL to what its all about.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Grow Home was @brad's GotY to date when he played it back in the spring. I wonder if anything has surpassed it yet. Witcher 3 perhaps?

Dota 2

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie: It won't be every month. From Playstation Blog "To be clear, Vote to Play will not be a monthly feature, but will take place at regular intervals throughout the year."

Thanks for the correction, edited the OP.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Mike said:
    @hippie_genocide said:

Dota 2

Heh. Brad should totally bring up Dota 2 in the GotY podcasts just to troll @danryckert

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By a_e_martin

VOTE ARMELLO. It's the only proper choice. Voting for anything else is like voting for Trump.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By turboman

The Quick Look of Armello really sold me on it. It would be great if that developer got the "PS+ Money" this month.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I'm definetly voting for Armello too, but honestly I doubt it will win, since it's just not as well known as Grow Home yet. Also the other game has zombies in it and people still seem to love those.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm thinkin about getting rid of PS+. There is almost never any games I want off of it. I don't care about any of these three games being voted on for example.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@turboman said:

The Quick Look of Armello really sold me on it. It would be great if that developer got the "PS+ Money" this month.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By Sooperspy

Zombie Vikings could be cool. I haven't played a good 4-player brawler since Castle Crashers (btw where's the Castle Crashers sequel?!?!?) and could go for some more of that. Grow Home is what I'll be voting for, definitely. Been really interested in that game. Armello doesn't interest me at all, sadly.

Edit: After watching the Armello Unfinished video, I may have to vote for that. Looks super awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.