Available Free Retail Games

Available Free Vita Games

Available Free PSN Games

Early Access / Specials

New/Featured Discounts

Discounts

PlayStation Plus official blog

#2 Posted by rentfn (1277 posts) -

I never played the New Mega Man games. Going to have give them and try...and die a million deaths.

#3 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

I know that every update isn't a winner on this service, but reading the comments on the PlayStation Blog every week is a continuous drip of me losing faith in humanity.

#4 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Kind of a bummer month for me. Not a huge mega man fan but ill give the games a go. Definitely need to try that god of war beta out though.... Need to see this madness for myself.

Man and reading this reminds me that my subscription is almost up. Not sure if ill re subscribe.

#5 Posted by Marcsman (3113 posts) -

Very interested in the GOW beta

#6 Posted by TheHT (10871 posts) -

Yeah, I'll play some Mega Man for free.

#7 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

I really liked MM9, but I was terrible at it. Terrible. This will be a good opportunity to give it another shot.

#8 Posted by Epidehl (285 posts) -

This might get me to sign up. I've been meaning to for a while, and I've also wanted to play those Mega Man games so win/win!

#9 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

Kind of a bummer month for me.

Remember, this isn't what's in store for the whole month of January since there are weekly updates for North America, instead of everything being known in advance like in Europe.

#10 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ oh really? Well in that case ill stay optimistic!
#11 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5320 posts) -

Solid month, I imagine the God of War beta will be immensely better than the DUST 514 beta and I haven't played a megaman game in a decade or so.

#12 Posted by Miketakon (513 posts) -

SCEA should go balls out like SCEE does.

#13 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

Haven't played Mega Man 10 yet so I'm ok with the update, it's almost like Capcom made a new Mega Man game.

#14 Posted by djou (857 posts) -

Anyone have any experience with Crush? I heard that this was an influence for Fez. The gameplay trailer looks cool but the art style didn't seem compelling. Seems like a good price.

I also heard the PS Blogcast talk about Earth Defense Force 2017, also seems cool but any have idea any if its any good?

#15 Edited by BlackLagoon (1380 posts) -

@djou said:

I also heard the PS Blogcast talk about Earth Defense Force 2017, also seems cool but any have idea any if its any good?

Do like blowing stuff up? Do like blasting giant alien space bugs with umpteen different weapons and sending them bouncing around through the air? Do like cheesy, B-movie style voice acting? Do you like hilariously bad physics? Do you think tons of explosions and enemies on screen is more important than frame rate and polished animation? If so, yes it is good.

Also, giant robots:

(video is of the 360 version, not the Vita port just so that's clear)

#16 Posted by BoFooQ (659 posts) -

I haven't played mega man in years so I'm looking forward to trying them out. Also I've been playing saints row 2 which I never got around to. NBA jam is fun for a game or two ever now and than, good game to listen to podcasts to.

#17 Edited by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

Also, in a more general note, Demon's Souls is coming to PSN on tuesday (1/8/13). It would be pretty nice if we got if Plus got it free *hoping*

Edit: Also, if they started off the month with Megaman 9/10, I'm pretty sure that in the next two weaks we will probably get 2 retail games, and one being an RPG.

#18 Posted by Raven10 (1721 posts) -

This is a really misleading thread. These are the deals for this week, not this month. They'll add 1-2 games a week for the rest of the month.

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

@Raven10 said:

This is a really misleading thread. These are the deals for this week, not this month. They'll add 1-2 games a week for the rest of the month.

Yes, but all of my PS+ threads have followed the same title format to at least introduce what's new in the beginning of the month. Would it be best to omit that detail?

#20 Posted by Raven10 (1721 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: I would just say to clarify in your post that new games will be added every week. Just at the top or something note the dates through which the current deals occurring and then edit the thread every week with the new date at the top. There are just a lot of people who are thinking this is all for the month especially because that is how it was done in the past. You need to make it clear that there will be new additions each week.

#21 Posted by Solh0und (1755 posts) -

So alot of games(some are Gameloft) are .99 cents a piece. Most Notably:

- Earthworm Jim HD

- Modern Combat: Domination

- Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

- Planets under attack

are these worth it? I mean I'll totally grab Earthworm Jim HD for THAT price.

#22 Posted by Marcsman (3113 posts) -

I WAS very interested in the GOW:A Beta. After playing it last night I have zero interest in the MP. Santa Monica should take a hint from Ken Levine and realise some games do not need MP. GOW is definitely one of them.

#23 Posted by Solh0und (1755 posts) -

@Marcsman said:

I WAS very interested in the GOW:A Beta. After playing it last night I have zero interest in the MP. Santa Monica should take a hint from Ken Levine and realise some games do not need MP. GOW is definitely one of them.

Yeah, that's how I kinda felt about it when I played the beta weeks back.

#24 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

(video is of the 360 version, not the Vita port just so that's clear)

OH MY FUCKING GOD. If the Vita version is anything like that, I'm

SOLD!

#25 Posted by Marcsman (3113 posts) -

@Solh0und said:

@Marcsman said:

Yeah, that's how I kinda felt about it when I played the beta weeks back.

Cool I though I would be an oddball minority about it. I liked literally nothing about it. Unimpressed.

#26 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

@Solh0und:

The dumb part about this being 99 cents is that the Vita version is still 30 bucks and doesn't support Cross-Buy. Really!? I would've bought it for 99 cents just to have another Vita game.

#27 Posted by djou (857 posts) -

Yeah, totally looks like inane fun, but is it worth $40? Seems like it would get old pretty quick.

#28 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

@djou: Most likely not. But man that looks so horrigood. I love it. Did you see how those robots were flailing about? Simply amazing!

#29 Posted by AlisterCat (5480 posts) -

Do we get retro city rampage free for vita in the UK/Europe?

#30 Posted by BlackLagoon (1380 posts) -

@djou said:

Yeah, totally looks like inane fun, but is it worth $40? Seems like it would get old pretty quick.

I spent umpteen hours grinding out a platinum trophy in the similarly mindless Sengoku Basara, so I'm probably not the best person to ask. The main hook is replaying missions, collecting the 200+ weapons and upgrades to enable you to tackle the higher difficulties. And there's 4 player co-op and a second playable class to keep things interesting. But you're right, $40 is probably pushing it price-wise... I think $30 would have been perfect.

#31 Posted by Solh0und (1755 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@Solh0und:

The dumb part about this being 99 cents is that the Vita version is still 30 bucks and doesn't support Cross-Buy. Really!? I would've bought it for 99 cents just to have another Vita game.

Hate to burst your bubble but Dungeon Hunter Alliance is not worth 40 bucks. Also keep in mind the game came out pre-vita/crossbuy.

#32 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

@Solh0und: I know that. I was never interested in it I said. I just would've got it for my Vita if it was 99 cents just to have it. No Gameloft game is worth actual money.

#33 Posted by Solh0und (1755 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@Solh0und: I know that. I was never interested in it I said. I just would've got it for my Vita if it was 99 cents just to have it. No Gameloft game is worth actual money.

Earthworm Jim HD was worth the purchase.

#34 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -
#35 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19307 posts) -

PSN's 13 For '13 discounts:

• LittleBigPlanet Karting – Regular $39.99, Sale $19.99, PS Plus $10.00
  • The Unfinished Swan – Regular $14.99, Sale $7.49, PS Plus $3.75
  • Ratchet & Clank – Regular $14.99, Sale $7.49, PS Plus $3.75
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy – Regular $7.99, Sale $3.99, PS Plus $2.00
  • Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds Complete Collection – Regular $24.99, Sale $12.49, PS Plus $6.25
  • Warp – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50
  • Shank 2 – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50
  • NiGHTS into dreams… – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50
  • Jet Set Radio – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50
  • The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Extended Cut – Regular $19.99, Sale $9.99, PS Plus $5.00
  • Psychonauts – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50
  • Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 – Regular $39.99, Sale $19.99, PS Plus $10.00
  • Machinarium – Regular $9.99, Sale $4.99, PS Plus $2.50

PS+ is great and all, but that's some straight up garbage right there.

#36 Posted by Ducksworth (659 posts) -

Awwwwwwww yes. Foosball. 2012 game of the year right there.

At least the sale is good. I'm probably going to grab Jet Set Radio, Jak, Ratchet, maybe NiGHTS and Unfinished Swan.

#37 Posted by jscro (35 posts) -

I'm excited for the sale. LBPK and Tiger Woods 2013 are retail releases I never would have pulled the trigger on at retail but I'll give both a shot at ten bucks each. Also, I was holding off on Unfinished Swan because I was assuming it would show up as a "free" PS+ title (and probably still will) but for $3.75 I don't want to wait any longer. Good stuff.

#38 Posted by Redbullet685 (6024 posts) -

Definitely gonna pick up Unfinished Swan. Oh, and Foosball? Really? Europe gets such better deals from PS+.

#39 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I'm gonna pick up the Unfinished Swan and Machinarium. Anybody have any opinions on Warp and Shank 2?

#40 Edited by Snail (8578 posts) -

I wish someone did a thread like this for EU offers. Or that the European PlayStation websites were more like the NA one. The North American PlayStation Blog is much more navigable.

Not like I have PS+, but I wouldn't mind being to be coerced into getting one.

#41 Posted by rentfn (1277 posts) -

I've never played Darksiders, so I'm very excited about this. I'm sad the auto downloaded GoW. I'm not interested in that at all. Also the Mega Mans.

@Coafi: Warp was fun. The gimic gets kinda old after awhile but I enjoyed it.

#42 Posted by Redbullet685 (6024 posts) -

@Coafi said:

I'm gonna pick up the Unfinished Swan and Machinarium. Anybody have any opinions on Warp and Shank 2?

Shank 2 is pretty damn fun. For $2.50, I definitely recommend it.

#43 Posted by Hector (3354 posts) -

Gonna pick up Jak and Daxter as well as Ratchet and Clank! Great sale this week!

#44 Posted by Solh0und (1755 posts) -

Nothing for me since the better sales for me were the "Holiday Essentials"

#45 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: You forgot to add the Sly Cooper demo to the "Early Access / Specials" part since PS+ users get it yesterday and regulars get it next week. You should also date the stuff when these things are happening and delete what passed. Or let me do the threads from now? Or make it into a blog so you can make it as one thread instead of multiples. :D I don't know, just some suggestions.

On topic, I bought LBP Karting because it was $10. So why not? Got the Sly demo early which was fun and I'm excited for the game to come out! Will be trying the MGR: Revengeance and Dead Space 3 demos tomorrow. This week was a pretty good update for people who haven't bought games like The Unfinished Swan, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet, etc.

#46 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

The sales this week are great. Jak and Daxter for $2!!

#47 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

The last update for January. Ninja Gaiden is one of the best action games out there and the Vita version is just as good. I wish I had a Vita.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.