Question about a playstation plus membership.

#1 Posted by Masha2932 (1237 posts) -
#2 Posted by 71Ranchero (2580 posts) -

No, you only get the free games from when you join until when you stop paying. Also you loose all the free games when you no longer have Plus.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I don't believe you get previous stuff, and I suppose benefits would be that you get things discounted, and some free stuff, but you lose all of the free stuff if you stop being a PS+ member. Some months will most likely have things you have no interest at all in as well.

#4 Posted by DarthOrange (3497 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

No, you only get the free games from when you join until when you stop paying. Also you loose all the free games when you no longer have Plus.

This is not true. You get to keep what you purchased through sales, you keep your free avatars and themes, and you get to keep one game that was given to you by playstation plus each month forever. (this month its hydrophobia) The biggest benefit to the service is that you can set your ps3 to automatically turn on at the time of your choosing (while you are at work or school or asleep and it will automatically update any games that need updating and save the games you tell it to onto the online cloud, thus backing up all your important saves. I think its worth it but try the 3 month subscription if your on the fence.

#5 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

1) No
2) The benefits are more free games that you can play, plus hell of discounts. I find it 100% worth it. I don't have an XBox though, so PSN is my go to for downloadables. But even if I did, with PS+, I'd probably make the switch, as you probably end up saving way more money with all the discounts.

#6 Posted by Masha2932 (1237 posts) -

Thanks for the answers guys.  

Another question if I join today does a 1 month membership cover 24th November to 24th December or does the membership begin on the 1st of every month?

#7 Posted by GameOverGreggy (16 posts) -

@Masha2932 said:

Thanks for the answers guys. Another question if I join today does a 1 month membership cover 24th November to 24th December or does the membership begin on the 1st of every month?

There is no one month membership, the smallest is three months. Your membership starts the second you press confirm purchase.

#8 Posted by Masha2932 (1237 posts) -
@GameOverGreggy: Thanks for the answer. I'll just get the three month membership and test it out. If I enjoy it, maybe I'll upgrade to a full year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.