Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Quick question about Playstation Plus and their free content.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#1  Edited By tearhead

Since reading that Stacking will be free to Playstation Plus members, I have become very interested in getting the service. I was thinking about buying the game anyway, and unless this game's reviews are negative, I think I will get PS+. My question is, do I have to subscribe to PS+ within the same month as this game is offered? Do I have to subscribe before Stacking comes out to get it free? Or do I get every game that was ever free for the PS+ service, like Wipeout HD and Sam and Max: The Devils Playhouse? Thanks in advance for any info.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

Bump.  Was about to ask the same question and the PS+ webpage on playstation.com isn't very detailed on what you get exactly.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NinjaHunter

From what I've heard the games are only free for limited amount of time. You can subscribe at anytime and get whatever free content there is at that moment. For instance I believe that Wipeout HD is no longer free for PS+ subscribers. But as long as you have it downloaded and are still subscribed you can keep it as long as you want.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

As far as I understand if you subscribe anytime during the window when stacking if free to members you will get it. However, one that time is up you won't be able to get it. If they allowed that then I could sign up for Playstation Plus now and get a huge array of games for free.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andorski

Hmm, interesting.  What is the usual time window for free games/discounts?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89

Stacking was a special case. I believe it was only free to PlayStation Plus subscribers during the day of its release. Otherwise, free games/discounts run until the next cycle comes in.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andorski
    @rjayb89 said:
    " Stacking was a special case. I believe it was only free to PlayStation Plus subscribers during the day of its release. "
    Wait, what?  Really??  MOTHERFUCKASDAFGWQAEFGIUASKFGIASTBGKER5GBIOUSADBGLKSEDNGEWSOIGUE!!!!!!!
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By CenturionCajun

I've heard no confirmation of that and I can't really check since I don't know anyone who has Playstation Plus. The way they worded the press release was real confusing.
    Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Lautaro
    @rjayb89 said:
    " Stacking was a special case. I believe it was only free to PlayStation Plus subscribers during the day of its release. "
    Nah I am on the Australian PSN store now and it is still there for free to PS+ users. From what it says there it's free to PS+ members until the 1st of March.
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#10  Edited By tearhead
    @Andorski said:

" @rjayb89 said:

Wait, what?  Really??  MOTHERFUCKASDAFGWQAEFGIUASKFGIASTBGKER5GBIOUSADBGLKSEDNGEWSOIGUE!!!!!!! "
    So I ended up paying for PS+, and it seems that what everyone says in the thread seems to be the case, EXCEPT for the Stacking comment. You can get Stacking free for as long as they offer it for free, and I checked PSN today, it's still being offered free for PS+ members.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89

Stacking is actually still up, apparently. Some of these press releases are really confusing and focus too much on the "day one" aspect of it until I read this. Still, I'm not really sure since I made damn sure to download the game day one.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grissefar

If you sign up you get access to the stuff under the PS+ section. Once new stuff pops in and old stuff is removed, you can only access the old stuff from your download list if you downloaded it when it was available. So if there's a free game that you're currently not interested in, at least download it and cancel it immediately so you can access it months later, should you feel like it.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FCKSNAP

The content seems to stay on the page for about a month or more. I'm surprised this topic wasn't created when all five episodes of Sam and Max was being offered up.

Also, I wouldn't use "free" when referring to PS+ content. It's more of a rental like GameTap or something.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grissefar
    @Snapstacle said:
    " It's more of a rental like GameTap or something. "
    No, I could still download, install and play the PS+ stuff on my download list after my subscription wore off.
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FCKSNAP
    @Grissefar said:
    " @Snapstacle said:
    " It's more of a rental like GameTap or something. "
    No, I could still download, install and play the PS+ stuff on my download list after my subscription wore off. "
    I've read about that. As someone who bought a year's subscription I haven't been able to look into this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.