Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

So can someone explain the 30 free days of PlayStation Plus?

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rmills87

I understand the whole idea of receiving 30 free days of PlayStation Plus if you are not a subscriber, however I am having trouble grasping this simple question that apparently, even Sony's support is not willing to answer:

During the time in which I have 30 free days of PlayStation Plus, if I download, let's say, DLC Add-Ons for Killzone 3 that normally cost money, will I.....

A. Have that DLC to keep forever, no questions asked.

B. Be charged for the DLC after the 30 day period is up.

C. Be given the choice of whether to give up the DLC or pay for it at the end of the 30 days.

Can someone please clear this up for me? I really can't find the answer anywhere. Thank you very much for your time!

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By FCKSNAP

Only Full games and PSP Minis have PS Plus DRM, if that's what you're asking. Stuff like Qore, DLC (free or paid), avatars, etc. stay in your download list.

-edit- Actually I think old qore episodes get deleted from the system after a while. Not sure and I'm not gonna look into that.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Yeah you lose your stuff if you don't continue to pay for the service, it's not forced on you though.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rmills87

OK, that's all I needed to hear. Thanks for your help GBombers!

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sayishere

@Snapstacle said:

Only Full games and PSP Minis have PS Plus DRM, if that's what you're asking. Stuff like Qore, DLC (free or paid), avatars, etc. stay in your download list.

-edit- Actually I think old qore episodes get deleted from the system after a while. Not sure and I'm not gonna look into that.

Is the avatar thing true? i havent downloaded anything from the PSN Plus store for the OPS reason. I dont want to bother downloading avatars, if after a month they will get wiped.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By FCKSNAP

@Sayishere said:

@Snapstacle said:

Is the avatar thing true? i havent downloaded anything from the PSN Plus store for the OPS reason. I dont want to bother downloading avatars, if after a month they will get wiped.

Q: What happens when my PlayStation Plus subscription ends?

A: The content you have downloaded as part of your PlayStation Plus subscription at no charge is only accessible as long as you are an active subscriber. The exceptions are free themes and avatars, which you will continue to have access to, even if you are no longer a subscriber. Anything you have purchased (even if you purchased it at a discount) will remain available to you even if your subscription ends.

Doesn't say about DLC or PS1 games, people who only bought 3 Month subs say they are still functional. That's only hearsay, but I believe them on DLC because looking it up on my system using "information" it has no expiration date like PS Minis and free games do. I may be wrong and some DLC does have an expiration but none that I've downloaded.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Branthog

When Plus ends, you'll keep the two free games you got with the Sony Apology program and anything you bought with a discount. Anything you got "free" (for example, if you got a free Killzone map pack) for having Plus will no longer be free and you'll have to buy it. You'll know when you're downloading an item like this, because in the bottom of the description (for example, the Killzone 3 map pack) goes on for several sentences about how Plus members will have to pay for the item if their service lapses or expires and they want to keep using it.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rmills87

@Branthog: Now THAT'S the answer I was looking for. Thank you for explaining that!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.