Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

The 3 new titles added to "Your Instant Game Collection" for July

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Sooperspy

The three new titles this month happen to all be downloadable titles, but are all great nonetheless.

These titles will be replacing Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone and Hard Corps: Uprising respectively.

This is for the US, also. No news on what the EU games will be.

US Playstation Blog (GB's review for GC Impostors cited in the official PSblog post!)

Edit: I myself am excited to finally get my hands on GC Impostors after really liking the beta. Already own Pac Man CE DX and Renegade Ops on XBLA but will be glad to jump back into both.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I've been meaning to play Renegade Ops and Pac-Man CE DX. Gotham City Impostors also looked interesting from that QL. Nice games overall.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

Coolness. I'd really like to try out Gotham City Imposters. I suck at online and rarely play it, but hopefully the influx of curious PS+ members will keep it light.

Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Nadafinga

I already have GC Imposters and Pac-Man, but looking forward to Renegade Ops. Brad loved it in his review.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Ramone

PS Plus bringing the heat recently

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By psylah

I got dat DX already, but I wanted to play Renegade Ops and GCI. Sounds great.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By TheHT

I was about to buy Pac-Man and Renegade Ops. This is great!

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By M_Shini

Waiting for Eu Plus list since renegade Ops was already on for last month. Stilling going through what i have so will play that soon leats either way.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By CountRockula

After last month, I was wondering how Sony was going to keep up with delivering that same volume of games every month. I guess the answer is that they won't. That's disappointing.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
    deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I'm excited about Renegade Ops. I already have both Pacman and GCI which are both really fun.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Sooperspy

@CountRockula said:

After last month, I was wondering how Sony was going to keep up with delivering that same volume of games every month. I guess the answer is that they won't. That's disappointing.

They said that they would be doing 3 games a month when they announced this at E3. Did you really expect 12 PS3 and PSN games every month?

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theoldhouse

sucks to be an EU gamer

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Great! But I already own Pac-Man CE DX. Renegade Ops! Yay!

jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By jimi

Would love to play Pac-Man, anybody know if it's coming to EU?

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By subject2change

Gotham City should be fun, hoping there is a community still wanted it to play it after the QL (but on PC) however free is free! Own Pac Man already and Renegade Ops (On Steam) but hey it's fine PS+ is proving to be worth it, even though I don't play my PS3 much anymore (damn you Diablo 3).

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By killacam

was hoping for another retail title (darksiders!). i'll check these out eventually.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CountRockula

@Redbullet685: I could be wrong, but I don't really remember them saying three games a month when they made the announcement. They made a big deal about the volume of games included when they announced the instant game collection, so it was sort of implied I thought that their intent was to be consistent with that level of content. If they're really just continuing to do three games a month, then Plus is just as disappointing as it ever was.

ThatPrimeGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By ThatPrimeGuy

GCI isn't my thing, PacMans always fun though.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Deus Ex is free to EU this month! Is it me or does anybody think thats insane?! Surely they can't keep this momentum going.

Oh and you US Gotham Imposters is great

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Addfwyn

@CountRockula: Not sure if PS+ has ever been that disappointing, the deals you are getting are pretty incredible. Unless you are the type that likes to go back and play old games years after you finish it. I'm not, but if you are that's a pretty legit opposition (since the 100% free games are dependent on having an active + account). Even the discounted games are pretty worthwhile though, if your not interested in the free games.

The volume is staying at a consistent 12 games though. It's just that they rotate games out and in, not all 12 at once. I believe Virtua Fighter 5, Hard Corps, and one other game are the ones being rotated out. This means that if you picked up PS+ today, you could still get stuff like Infamous 2 or Warhammer.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By awesomeusername

Yay! Good thing I don't buy DLG games. I wanted GCI because the beta was fun and I was going to download it from my friends account but he has his account in too many PS3's already so this is great for me! Although I am disappointed by no free Darksiders. ://

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Lava

Yes! Gotham City Impostors! I've wanted to get my hands on that for a while now. Now that it's free I will definitely get it. I already have the other two but this is still great news.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By N7

We should get a group ready to go for Gotham City Imposters.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Grillbar

last month in Eu i think it was Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath,Renegade Ops,Awesomenauts,Ricochet HD,Hamsterball,Wakeboarding HD,Smash Cars,Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom,Max Payne,Silent Hill,darksiders, warhammer 40k space marine, and SkyFighter with infamous 2 and being out there for some time but stll an option. now i might remember wrong since some of them may have been released in may but there are still a decent amount of games there thats worth while.

so hopefully we will get Gotham City Impostors, Hard Corps: Uprising and some other awesome things

@Jimi said:

Would love to play Pac-Man, anybody know if it's coming to EU?

it has been at some point, though its some time ago. actually not long after it was released and then later again with a PS+ discount

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By TheHT

Anyone know when the store's gonna update? I'm itching to try GCI out. The quick look made it look funny.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By N7
    @TheHT: Usually around 5:00 PM, Eastern. It's almost 3 here so probably in about two hours. Sometimes they push it around four, but it's usually around 5.
    Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Does that mean the 3 games from last month get deleted\expire?

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By david3cm

@CountRockula: Renegade Ops counts for 10 games.

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PokeIkzai

Infamous 2, Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, VF5, and Hard Corp uprising have been keeping me busy enough. PS Plus almost certainly seems worth it now. Wow.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By csl316
    @FluxWaveZ

I've been meaning to play Renegade Ops and Pac-Man CE DX. Gotham City Impostors also looked interesting from that QL. Nice games overall.

All this.
    riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#31  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Hm not sure how much I would like to play GC:I but PAC Man sounds like it'll be fun. (already bought renagade ops) Now if only I could actually play my ps3 right now. *sigh*

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By N7

The store update is now live.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By probablytuna

Not much going on in the Asian PS Plus this month.... Hope it's better come the 17th when new deals arrive.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By landon

Shit, I was trying to get enough money before Virtua Fighter 5 went off. Guess I'll settle for the rest.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CountRockula

@Addfwyn: My issue is that neither the volume or quality of games offered on PS+ has been terribly impressive until last month. Up to that point, you'd get a few games each month, and often the majority of those games were cheap shovelware like Hamsterball. With a few exceptions, the minis aren't great, and getting access to PSOne Classics has primarily taught me that I really don't want to play old Playstation games. Honestly, even if the games being made available were all hits, the value of PS+ would still differ pretty highly on a per subscriber basis. Every month they put out around three games, and the value that represents goes down with each game among that group that the subscriber already owns or just isn't interested in; if I already own or don't care about anything they put out in a given month, then the value I get out of the service for that month is effectively zero. I'd argue the value of the discounts you receive is fairly dubious too, given that you're paying to receive access to those discounts.

You're right that the volume of games subscribers have access to at any one point remains consistent at 12, but that's really kind of meaningless. Once you've played those games, having access to them doesn't really matter anymore; their presence as part of the instant game collection provides you with nothing of value as a subscriber. The only thing that actually matters is the number of new games you get access to each month, and with the exception of last month, that hasn't changed. This month we get three new games, same as before. I already own one of them, and couldn't give a shit about the other two. So what do I get out of being a subscriber this month? Nothing.

I know this is a pretty long post and I don't mean to be a jerk, but I really want PS+ to be good. Last month it looked briefly like it could become something great; Sony did an excellent job last month. I just don't think doing a good job one month out of twelve cuts it.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By killacam

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Does that mean the 3 games from last month get deleted\expire?

yeah, but you can still get them free as long as they're in your download list (while you were ps+)

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#37  Edited By beard_of_zeus

I almost bought Gotham City Imposters on XBLA, since it was half-off, but I'll definitely take free! I bought Regenade Ops day one, and loved it, so I'm glad it's free for people to check out now. Definitely play it if you haven't. On the bright side, maybe I can find more people to play with online now.

I think I'm also gonna pick up Crysis, since it's in that Summer Sale they're running. Anyone who hasn't played Closure, and likes a good puzzle game, that comes highly recommended from me.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By VierasTalo

So us Europeans are getting Deus Ex: Human Revolution. As someone already mentioned. Two more games coming on the 18th too. I was kind of hoping for Gotham City Impostors to make it over to us too, because that would have been so cool. I don't want to get the PC version of that game, at least for now.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Still no date on when Plus is coming to Vita?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.