Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Why do some games have an expiration date, some don't ?

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By CharleyTony

After downloading and installing free playstation plus games, when I was checking the information about these games (by pressing the "triangle" button) some had expiration dates (they expire when my membership ends) and some games don't have expiration dates at all (and no "starting date" either).

Does that mean that those games do not expire when the membership ends ?

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

Weird. I just checked and it's the same with some of mine. Also, most of my PS1 games show as expired (expired at my old subscription expiration date) but they work, probably because my PS+ is still active. I'll check what still works and what doesn't when my account expires in three days.

two_socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By two_socks

Any games you buy off PS+ that have a discount, you'll be able to access at any time, even if your sub runs out. Anything you get "free", you lose access to once your sub runs out.

EDIT: I just re-read the OP. Does this only happen on the "free" games? Because if that's the case, then I have no idea why that would happen.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mosespippy

@two_socks: When I checked Bloodrayne Betrayal, Rock of Ages and Pacman CE DX didn't have expiration dates. Those were all free.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mosespippy

@CharleyTony: My PS+ Account has just expired. It seems that the games with no expiration date were games that had you download the demo and a full game unlock code. When you start them up the demo launches and not the full game. You can't use your save files and all your PS+ related content is removed from the download list so you can't redownload it.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By EightBitShik

It's because of what they are saying that they are only free for "x" time when your sub runs out you lose it. However, in your case what happens if you keep your sub is when the time runs out it does a spot check to see if you still have an account if you do "boom" you get it for "x" time again without losing it. So technically if you run out of time you still have your game until the "soft check"

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.