Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Plus

Concept »

PlayStation Plus is a premium PlayStation Network subscription service.

Why the limit on downloading saves?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I just noticed that once you upload a save game to PS Plus you have to wait 24 hours before downloading it again. Is there some technical reason for this or what?

If i'm paying for online storage then i should be able to access my saves whenever i want.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

It's there to prevent you from cheating by backing up autosaves and then replacing them with a cloud copy once you screw up (Dark Souls comes to mind).

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm pretty sure it also varies on a game to game basis.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Preventing cheating barely seems like a valid reason, and 24 hours seems excessive.

But tell me again what's being discussed? We can save games without cloud so what the point of cloud is, I'm not sure.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's not just cheating, it's to prevent trophy exploitation as well. I went and messed around with it some and it seems that any game that doesn't let you copy saves to usb sticks or other profiles are the one that enact the 24 hour download limit. So in actuality the clod saves enable you to move saves to other consoles that wouldn't normally be movable.

Also I'm not sure what the big deal is. How many times do you really need to download the same exact save? If you download it, play the game, save and upload then you can download it again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.