1 Game Purchase on Multiple PSP's

#1 Posted by MAST (726 posts) -

I was just wondering what the policy was on buying a PSP game on the Playstation Network, and then putting it on multiple PSP's? I plan on borrowing a friends PSP, just to see if it's anything I'm interested in, and I'll probably buy some downloadable games for it. If I then choose to buy a PSP for myself, I don't want to have to repurchase those same games again.

Is it set up similar to how you can download one PS3 game on up to 5 systems?

#2 Posted by Preacher (17 posts) -

If you buy the game on your own PSN account then the game is tied to the account, not the PSP. Now the you'll have to tie that particular PSP to the PSN account you're using, which is done pretty easily through the Account Management menu option.
#3 Posted by gla55jAw (2687 posts) -

You can do it. My first PSP I wound up selling, I left 2 psn psone classics on. I just recently picked up another PSP and downloaded the same games from my PS3 back onto my new PSP.

#4 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Technically if you buy a game with your PSN account, then go on a diff PSP and sign in on your same PSN account you can download your games to that new PSP...

But the new PSP doesn't have to be yours ;)

#5 Posted by PufferFiz (1378 posts) -

yes you can, up to 5 psps can have the game "active" at a time. Did it with monsterhunter unite. Now my whole family is hunt'an!

still can't beat that fucking tigrex :|

#6 Posted by shrig32 (151 posts) -
@PufferFiz said:
" yes you can, up to 5 psps can have the game "active" at a time. Did it with monsterhunter unite. Now my whole family is hunt'an!     still can't beat that fucking tigrex :| "
They've moved the limit down to 3 now =(
#7 Posted by rubsnick (162 posts) -
@shrig32 said:

They've moved the limit down to 3 now =( "

Wrong that was an error. The Limit is 5 PSP's and 5 PS3's. So you can borrow that PSP try it out and then de activate that PSP and you can activate it about 5 times more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.