16 gig MemoryStick on PSP?

#1 Posted by RealEddie (46 posts) -

Do anybody know if the 16 gig MS Duo Pro works on the PSP 1000 (first generation)?

I heard a rumour that the PSP could not work with the 16 gig storage, that 8 gig was the max.

#2 Posted by Crona (51 posts) -

I have a launch 1000 PSP with 5.00 m33-6 and the 16GB stick and it works just fine.

Too bad I can't use the stick on the go! or that'd be a purchase for sure. 
#3 Posted by RealEddie (46 posts) -

I´m thinking about buying a 16 gig MS Micro with a adaptor. Then I can use it in the PSP Go as well :)

#4 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Crona said:
" I have a launch 1000 PSP with 5.00 m33-6 and the 16GB stick and it works just fine.
Too bad I can't use the stick on the go! or that'd be a purchase for sure. 
"
You can't? Why not? I don't see why they'd stop supporting that format of memory stick?
#5 Posted by Crona (51 posts) -
@RealEddie said:
" I´m thinking about buying a 16 gig MS Micro with a adaptor. Then I can use it in the PSP Go as well :) "
Damn, too late for that in my case.

@Al3xand3r said:
" @Crona said:
" I have a launch 1000 PSP with 5.00 m33-6 and the 16GB stick and it works just fine.
Too bad I can't use the stick on the go! or that'd be a purchase for sure. 
"
You can't? Why not? I don't see why they'd stop supporting that format of memory stick? "
They do, check out the specs of the PSP go! It only supports memory stick micros
#6 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Wow, good job Sony, as if people weren't already put off by it enough xD

#7 Posted by Benjaminvdv (327 posts) -

You should check for a special MS which allows you to put in 2 micro SD cards in, I'm fairly sure it works with the PSP, although you could always check to be sure, but that way you have 32GB for a very low price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.