A Giant Bomb Theme for PSP! [5.00]

#1 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Just for us. :)

Download, enjoy, tell me what you think!


 


Download here!
 
 
 
 
 
                  
 
                                     


 Dark Theme! Download here! (Same icons, just took the luchabrick wall from youtube)
#2 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

That'll not be going on my PSP. Its so sugary sweet I fear it might give me diabetes. 

#3 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -

using it now :D, loving it so far.

#4 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3238 posts) -

So colorful that not even today's games can comprehend.

#5 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Ha, glad to see you guys enjoying it. I JUST finished making it. :P

#6 Posted by AURON570 (1675 posts) -

dude you covered the faces of two key giantbomb staff! other than that good job i guess

#7 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -
AURON570 said:
"dude you covered the faces of two key giantbomb staff! other than that good job i guess"
Hah, that was just for the preview. I had to put em somewhere! Thanks though.


Also,
I was just 3 icons short of a full set, so I threw in Shaq's face for the "Account Management" icon, Shaq-Fu for Online Instruction Manual, and Dr. Pepper for Network Settings. lol
#8 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -

Can you make one for PS3?

#9 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -
Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
"Can you make one for PS3?"
Maybe, But I can't guarantee the quality, because I don't have a PS3 to test it out on.
#10 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -
djratchet said:
"AURON570 said:
"dude you covered the faces of two key giantbomb staff! other than that good job i guess"
Hah, that was just for the preview. I had to put em somewhere! Thanks though.Also,I was just 3 icons short of a full set, so I threw in Shaq's face for the "Account Management" icon, Shaq-Fu for Online Instruction Manual, and Dr. Pepper for Network Settings. lol"
good decision too, the shaq face fits in nicely there. and id like to see it on ps3 too if you can do it.
#11 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -
Mr_Bauer said:
"djratchet said:
"AURON570 said:
"dude you covered the faces of two key giantbomb staff! other than that good job i guess"
Hah, that was just for the preview. I had to put em somewhere! Thanks though.Also,I was just 3 icons short of a full set, so I threw in Shaq's face for the "Account Management" icon, Shaq-Fu for Online Instruction Manual, and Dr. Pepper for Network Settings. lol"
good decision too, the shaq face fits in nicely there. and id like to see it on ps3 too if you can do it."
I'll see if I can do that.
#12 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Win. I'm totally getting this on my system.

#13 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Cool. I am looking into making a PS3 version now, but I can't say when it'll be done if it does get done.

#14 Posted by SenatorSpacer (432 posts) -

Dude I would totally use that if I had a PSP!

#15 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

ha, thanks.

I just downloaded Sony's official PS3 Theme creator.... euurghh... It's terrible compared to the PSP one... Trying a different version of the creator someone else made now.

#16 Posted by Ross (321 posts) -
@djratchet
This is awesome dude.  Great job.  And if you do ever do the PS3 one post it for sure.  Shaq head FTW lol.
#17 Posted by Kiemoe (1058 posts) -

Awesome, I'll download it right away. I made a GiantBomb wallpaper for PS3 before, which I still use, but that was before the awesome bombcast page was released.

#18 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

lol

#19 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

I found these themes difficult to read with the white font color and light blue/white background. Is there a way to change the font color? -_-

#20 Posted by AuthenticM (3786 posts) -

Great job mate. Do make one for the PS3 please.

#21 Posted by Cynical_M (383 posts) -

kinda want a psp now......damn u

#22 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

I got a dark version of the PSP theme if anyone is interested. And a PS3 version is very tricky. If anyone wants to make it, I will hand over the icons, so all they have to do is compile it for me

#23 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

the designer of the theme put his name right on there all big and shit and ruined it. 

#24 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -
@TwoOneFive: Agreed, but my Firefox persona made by Endogene rules all
 

Doing a Tutorial thing which I have now revoked due to Brad's Message
#25 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -
@TwoOneFive said:
" the designer of the theme put his name right on there all big and shit and ruined it.  "
That is just for the preview image. The actual theme does not have that.
#26 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Just so you guys know, the dark theme is in the OP now.

#27 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

#28 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:

"

 
 
 Interesting. Would you care to say why?
#29 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@djratchet: Because, your blatant name placement and the low resolution buttons just make everything seem awkward and unprofessional.
#30 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Exactly. That is just for the preview picture.

#31 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@dcpc10 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:

" @djratchet: Because, your blatant name placement and the low resolution buttons just make everything seem awkward and unprofessional. "

He already said that's only in the preview version... "
Fine, I'll have to take a look at the final version, but from what I see from the preview does not look good.
#32 Posted by JJWeatherman (14562 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @djratchet: Because, your blatant name placement and the low resolution buttons just make everything seem awkward and unprofessional. "
Agreed. I may be weird but the name thing is a deal breaker for me. The rest is decent though.
#33 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

If it's such a big deal, I can just redo the previews. Whatever. Once it is applied, you don't have to worry about it.

#34 Posted by TheHBK (5547 posts) -

You guys are attacking him like he is supposed to be some pro working for Sony and only dedicates himself to making this theme.  Just think about you trying this.  Yeah, so shut the fuck up and enjoy the awesomness that is Giant Bomb on the PSP.  I want to see that PS3 one you are starting, anything would be sweet compared to the old PS3 one.
#35 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Awesome, using it now. Thanks dude!

#36 Posted by Pkshields (811 posts) -

I don't know why people are complaining about the themes here. If you don't like it , don't use it. Or actually say why you don't like it. 
 
Looking forward for the PS3 version! Launch PSP screen broke somehow, and I can't decide if it's worth getting a new one or now.

#37 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@djratchet said:
" If it's such a big deal, I can just redo the previews. Whatever. Once it is applied, you don't have to worry about it. "
Previews are things that show the final product before you download it or buy it or whatever. If the preview is different from the final product, people who don't download the final product will just think they are the same thing.
#38 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @djratchet said:
" If it's such a big deal, I can just redo the previews. Whatever. Once it is applied, you don't have to worry about it. "
Previews are things that show the final product before you download it or buy it or whatever. If the preview is different from the final product, people who don't download the final product will just think they are the same thing. "
It is free, deal with it. 
#39 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @djratchet said:
" If it's such a big deal, I can just redo the previews. Whatever. Once it is applied, you don't have to worry about it. "
Previews are things that show the final product before you download it or buy it or whatever. If the preview is different from the final product, people who don't download the final product will just think they are the same thing. "
It is free, deal with it.  "
@dcpc10 said:
" @TheMustacheHero: You're acting as if you have to pay for it xD "
I'm just saying...Otherwise OP wouldn't have put "Tell me what you think". Well, I am telling him what I think!
#40 Posted by gike987 (1769 posts) -
@djratchet said:
" I got a dark version of the PSP theme if anyone is interested. And a PS3 version is very tricky. If anyone wants to make it, I will hand over the icons, so all they have to do is compile it for me "
How is the PS3 version trick just move all the icons to a folder, name them correctly, enter the the themes info in the xml file and compile. The only new thing you have to do is a 4:3 version of the background.
#41 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

It's tricky, because I've never done it before, it is completely different from PSP themes, and I gotta make/find way more icons. lol

#42 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6999 posts) -
@djratchet: Can I get the icons? I think I can manage.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.