Buying UMDS at this point: Yay or nay?

#1 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

With talks of Sony possibly having a service where you can get "special discounts" if you own UMD copies of PSP games has got me wondering if at this point, I should just stick with buying the digital versions of any PSP games I would like to play. Persona 2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 come to mind when I think of PSP games I still want to play. Except physical copies of those games are cheaper than their digital counterparts. Plus I still like just having a physical box when I buy games. So should I just stick with buying the physical copies, or go all digital?

#2 Edited by SethPhotopoulos (5257 posts) -

Whichever one's cheaper or more convenient I suppose. And when I say cheaper I'm talking long run.

#3 Posted by Joker369 (877 posts) -

My recent psp purchases have been digital because they will carry over if you get a Vita. Also the load times are much better if it is digital. So I would recommend digital.

#4 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

@CounterShock: I bet those are cheaper in physical copies. I cannot guarantee the new ones would be cheaper but used ones would be definitely cheaper. It seems like Sony is gonna still make you pay to download your UMD version of the games for a cheap price(hopefully like 5 dollars). If I were you, I would just buy the physical ones if you already have a PSP.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (24778 posts) -

I'm still buying UMDs. I won't switch them for digital versions on the Vita until Sony has announced a solid, actual plan that guarantees I'll be able to get all of these games back.

#6 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1418 posts) -

I would recommend digital unless the game isnt on the store

#7 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

The cheap one.

Do the cheap one.

#8 Posted by bobafettjm (1487 posts) -

I am not looking forward to a world in which all games are digital so I prefer buying them on physical media.

#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5827 posts) -

I still buy UMD's if I can.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.