Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Dead Head Fred?

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone play the game? I picked it up for like $18 not too long ago, thinking it was a great deal. Now I'm no so sure. The game play is unique (with the whole head switching) and the writing good but... bahh playing it is so tedious! Small levels, constantly dying, dumb AI... sigh. Does it get better?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

I dunno, since I never really die while playing and wasn't bothered by slightly smaller exploration areas. Maybe you should make more use of Red Worm Juice and stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jayge said:
    "I dunno, since I never really die while playing and wasn't bothered by slightly smaller exploration areas. Maybe you should make more use of Red Worm Juice and stuff."
    I used a few I had, but it always seems like a couple hits and I'm toast. Not to mention simple puzzle elements having me wanting to throw my psp against the wall. I did this puzzle (not even?) which involved jumping 4 platforms to get across some goo and I had to do it like 12 times to complete it. I was scratching my head - thinking I was using the wrong head or something.

I will continue to try playing it - try to keep an open mind and just deal with the frustration to get the story.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

The goo in the mansion, when you have to escape? That got me a couple of times.

I take it you're pretty early in the game, which makes things harder- but here are some quick-tips:

• When you learn how to harvest worms- harvest every one you can. Go back to the professor's lab through the Sewers to use the juicing machine and get you free health potions and other power-ups.
    • For most of the beginning of the game, you'll want to use the Bone Head for combat. The best combination in the game has to be X+X+Square, as that stuns them and is usually fast enough to even interrupt any special attacks that you can't counter.
    • You can take most useless trinkets to the various Bars in the game to help craft more potions, or sell them to save up for necessary clothing items later on.

The game definitely can be frustrating, and that is a down-side, but if you really need help, I found my brother a good Walkthrough on GameFAQs. It gets a lot easier in the middle, and then gets pretty damn hard at the end.

I'll stress it again- always have at least like 10 potions on you (and set to your auto-use slot). It's totally vital.

Hope that helps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Jayge, I think it may do just that. I am fairly early on in the game - I find I'll play it for a bit and then just switch over to something I enjoy playing more. Uhh, I lent my PSP to my sis for a about 6weeks... she wanted to play locoroco and patapon :P But anyways, I'll get er back just before christmas and rip into DHF again.

I generally dun use walkthroughs until I've exhausted every option (that i can think of) in terms of what to do and where to go - and even then i'll just use em to get past one thing and then be on my way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.