I've been toying with the idea of getting a PSP for some time now. You see, I've never, ever had a Sony product. Not a PSX, not a PS2, not a PS3 and obviously not a PSP. And to be honest, I've never really liked Sony to being with... But seeing how the PSP is soon going to be replaced, I figured it would be a good time to maybe catch up with some good games I have missed for fewer space bucks (aka Euros). Besides, next year I'll probably go on Erasmus and I won't be able to carry my consoles with me, so more portables = better. There are some catches, though:
- I have a DS a barely use anymore. I love it to death, but between my 360 and PC, and the very few moments of free time I have, it's been relegated to a secondary place in my gaming life. I guess the PSP is "more like a home console", so I could drop more hours on it than on my DS. Besides, it's a complete fresh and new system for me, with all the excitement that carries...
- Should I get a PSP... what? 2000? 3000? Go?
- Should I buy it new, or are used PSP reliable?
- How much will it cost me to "fully" equip a PSP? I assume I have to get a memory stick and a carrying case for protection. Do PSP come bundled with a memory stick? Are they expensive?
- Battery life, how is it? I won't be taking it outside home for long periods of time, but I don't want to have to play with it plugged in constantly either.
- Homebrew is a huge incentive for me. And by homebrew I do include emulators :P
So, given my background, should I get a PSP?