Must Haves for PSPGo

#1 Posted by kenjisalk (108 posts) -

Got a great deal on a used 16GB PSPGo, and I need some suggestions on what to buy.   One stipulation is that I don't like Monster Hunter (just not my bag).

I already bought Tactics Ogre:Let Us Cling Together. 

#2 Edited by RainVillain (480 posts) -

If you're digging TO, you should check out Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions once you get through that one.  

If SRPGs are your bag, you could also look up Saiyuki Journey to the West, an old PSone Tactics RPG. Granted, have never played the game (it's on my list of To Get Tos), but I'm a fan of the source material (aka same as Dragon Ball, aka Monkey, aka Enslaved, etc.).   Disgaea 1 and 2 are hot if you like tactics games. 

Would love to hear what other types of games you like, but here are some must haves: 
-Persona 3 Portable. If you've already played this once on the PS2, it's still worth it to go through as a female character (new dialogue choices/dating and some bitching new tunes). If you've played through the original, AND FES, then maybe this would be overkill... 
-Persona 1, if you're feeling old school. 
 -Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX. imo the golden years of the FF series. 
 -Legend of Mana just came out today. The soundtrack is great, though have never played it.
-Xenogears is one of my favourite games. Classic PSone-era Square RPG, maybe their finest.
 -I've just started Parasite Eve and am digging it. Hoping for PE2 to come out soon, not to mention Third Birthday really soon. 
 -Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core is... ok. I enjoyed it, but only because I'm a big fan of FFVII. Thought the retconning of some characters (Seriously? Genesis is this super important character that was never mentioned in FFVII???) was gross, but still an interesting tribute to the original game. It segues well into FFVII, too. I enjoyed it a whole lot, though I know a bunch of people who did not.
-Vagrant Story is well loved, though it never clicked for me. Been meaning to give it another chance.
 -Riviera is cool. Haven't played it since the GBA days but imo still kinda fun. 
 -Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker maybe, if you're already invested in the MGS series. 
 -Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep is supposed to be good.. wait did this ever come out on PSN? If not then cancel that (NICE MOVE SONY!) 
 -Work Time Fun, if you're into... yeah... 
 -Lunar. Classic Lunar, lovingly redone. 

Ys games are supposed to be alright but have never tried them.

#3 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

Resistance: Retribution, Valkyria Chronicles 2, Jean D'Arc, God of War: Chains of Olympus, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, Killzone: Liberation, Patapon 1 & 2, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, and those Wipeout games.  I think I'm forgetting something obvious, but those should get you off to a good start.

#4 Posted by ESREVER (2681 posts) -
@bigmuffpi: Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts are both unobtainable on a PSPGo
#5 Posted by Wes (258 posts) -

Is Crush obtainable on PSPgo? I've got the UMD and love it. Great puzzle game where you "smash" the world from 3D to 2D in order to progress through each stage. 

#6 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -
@ESREVER said:
" @bigmuffpi: Crisis Core and Kingdom Hearts are both unobtainable on a PSPGo "

SMH... part of me wants to blame Square for this, but really it should be Sony that gets the blame because of being so lenient with developers about posting games on the PSN. If they wanted this system to "work" they'd have to make those releases mandatory on the PSN... 

@Spoonman671

right! forgot about Jeanne D'arc and Valk Chron 2
#7 Posted by csl316 (8359 posts) -

The God of Wars, Lumines, Tekken 6, and the Wipeout games got a lot of playtime from me.  Some people really dig Patapon, as well.  I just thought it was alright.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.