Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Planning to Sell My PSP & Other Video Game Items on Ebay -- Tips?

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By mordecaix7

I've never sold anything on ebay before, nor have I bought from there either. As far as video games are concerned, I'm selling:

• PSP 2000 Silver (unmodded)
    • Lexar 16GB Pro Duo
    • MGS Portable Ops
    • Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
    • Ys Seven
    • District 9 UMD
    • Dissida Final Fantasy
    • Dissidia FF Guide
    • Kenka Bancho Badass Rumble
    • Loco Roco 2
    • Hard Plastic PSP Carrying Case
    • Gamestop UMD Game Case.

I'm going to sell it as a bundle because I need to be rid of the entire thing, nothing hanging around. Does anyone have any tips for selling these kinds of things on Ebay?

*Days later...*

here's my listing! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190641701334#ht_3383wt_1392

*edit* formatting...

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By CosmicQueso

Jeez, you might have some trouble having 0 history on the site. Take lots of pictures and include them, including close-ups of the screen, offer a return clause and don't agree to ship anything outside of your local country. And, although there's a fee, accepting only PayPal ensures you won't get completely shammed. Lotta scammers out there, be cautious and don't be a cheapskate when it comes to listing additional photos.

mordecaix7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By mordecaix7

@CosmicQueso: Yeah i knew having no history would be against me so I definitely planned on including MANY detailed photos :) I have a bunch of other things to sell as well, but I'd rather post one at a time so it doesn't look suspicious. Just one part of my Get-Outta-Debt sale. I've got a paypal account hooked up so I'll make sure I only take paypal. Should I request all the money up front or how does that usually work?

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By CosmicQueso

@mordecaix7: If you force them to pay through PayPal then there's an automated checkout thing buyers have to use so full payment will be complete before you receive shipping instructions. Just be prepared for people to ask if they can send you a money order and have you close the auction early and I always get a request or two to send to Africa or Russia, also via out of auction methods. All of these things will result in you losing your stuff and not getting paid. You can also set up buyer preferences to limit the kinds of people that can bid on your item.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JJOR64

@CosmicQueso said:

Jeez, you might have some trouble having 0 history on the site. Take lots of pictures and include them, including close-ups of the screen, offer a return clause and don't agree to ship anything outside of your local country. And, although there's a fee, accepting only PayPal ensures you won't get completely shammed. Lotta scammers out there, be cautious and don't be a cheapskate when it comes to listing additional photos.

Pretty much this. Making it PayPal only is a smart thing to do. For the few things I did on eBay, I did the same thing.

For posting more then 1 photo without paying eBay to post more, use a site like ImageShack and use HTML codes to put more images on your page for free.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.