Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

PSP 2000

Coldfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Coldfront

The release of the PSP 2000 or the PSP slim is not mentioned on this page in any way. But, really the PSP 2000 is not a new console just an improved version of the old PSP. I am not sure if that information belongs on this page or a new one. Help would be appreciated.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By tec3297

The release of the PSP-2000 deserves mention on the main PSP page, but it is in no way considered a new system.  Just a redesign like the DS Lite.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By Termite

There is such a thing as the PSP-2000?

Is it like the PSP slim?

derachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By derachi

Yeah, it's the PSP slim.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thelastguy

I guess redesigns are not that important.

Coldfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Coldfront

well they are because the PSP 2000 was a major upgrade somethings like skype can only run on the 2000.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By OGCartman

PSP Slim is like the DS Lite. Its still the same old PSP, just slimmer =P

gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By gamenut101

I would like to write a full review of the PSP slim and lite but it seems at moment that is not possible. The review needs to talk about all of its capabilities, like, it plays UMD films, games and a whole host of other things like music MP3, MP4 movie play, flash games and applications plus all the home brew options for playing  games (not PSP games though) just olde retro stuff, downloading PSP games is totaly wrong and people should be renditioned to syria or somewhere like that (maybe America) and water boarded for doing it!) Its having a really bad affect on PSP software market)!

IF YOU WANT NEW PSP GAMES STOP DOWNLOADING AND BUY THEM AND IN SO DOING EXTEND THE PSP'S LIFE SPAN!

SAY NO TO PIRACY( unless its music).

I love irony!

If  anyone wants to chat PSP send me a PM or start a forum dabate on your fav PSP related subject and tell me through the PM system.

PSP ROCKS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Cadmus

The PSP needs more original IPsgamenut101 said:

"I would like to write a full review of the PSP slim and lite but it seems at moment that is not possible. The review needs to talk about all of its capabilities, like, it plays UMD films, games and a whole host of other things like music MP3, MP4 movie play, flash games and applications plus all the home brew options for playing  games (not PSP games though) just olde retro stuff, downloading PSP games is totaly wrong and people should be renditioned to syria or somewhere like that (maybe America) and water boarded for doing it!) Its having a really bad affect on PSP software market)!

IF YOU WANT NEW PSP GAMES STOP DOWNLOADING AND BUY THEM AND IN SO DOING EXTEND THE PSP'S LIFE SPAN!

SAY NO TO PIRACY( unless its music).

I love irony!

If  anyone wants to chat PSP send me a PM or start a forum dabate on your fav PSP related subject and tell me through the PM system.

PSP ROCKS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"

Completely agree, good post.
    Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Homer

Anyone here actually getting the PSP 2000?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.