Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

PSP App store coming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

LINK

So the new PSP Go is getting an app store, will we see a Giantbomb app like on the iPhone?
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By mordukai
    @Bucketdeth: Not likely since everyone knows that the staff at Giant Bomb are 360 fanboys and are extremely bias against the PS3, PSP and Sony in general.../HEAVY SARCASM.

This is for all the those "Giant Bomb 360 fanboys" or "Bias against the ps3 at Giant Bomb" thread that are popping up lately. They just wont go away.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

Another positive move for the handheld if true. I actually think the PSP could find a very strong foothold with indie developed software, and interesting apps akin to those found on iPhone.

I hope this becomes a reality, because the fact is the PSP really needs a lot more unique games than it has at present, this could provide a steady stream if all works out well... 80% cheaper sounds like it's low enough to contend with Nintendo DSiWare kits.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Could be a deal breaker for those looking to get a PSP and don't have the right network for an iPhone (well minus the phone feature of course).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mordukai said:
    "@Bucketdeth: Not likely since everyone knows that the staff at Giant Bomb are 360 fanboys and are extremely bias against the PS3, PSP and Sony in general.../HEAVY SARCASM.

This is for all the those "Giant Bomb 360 fanboys" or "Bias against the ps3 at Giant Bomb" thread that are popping up lately. They just wont go away.
    "
    They seem to favor there 360's though ; )
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " @Mordukai said:
    "@Bucketdeth: Not likely since everyone knows that the staff at Giant Bomb are 360 fanboys and are extremely bias against the PS3, PSP and Sony in general.../HEAVY SARCASM.

"
    They seem to favor there 360's though ; ) "
    Favoring is fine by me. they are humans with preferences like any other. At least they don't try to hide it behind double meaning half backed explanations. 
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By m1k3

I think it was kinda obvious that there would be an app store. For it being download only, smaller devs would need some place to release their games other than PSN

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JJOR64

Maybe I will actually care about the PSPGo now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mordukai said:
    "@Bucketdeth said:
    " @Mordukai said:

"
    They seem to favor there 360's though ; ) "
    Favoring is fine by me. they are humans with preferences like any other. At least they don't try to hide it behind double meaning half backed explanations. 
    "
    True true, I just wish they would have did the battlefield 1943 review on the PS3 instead of waiting a week for the 360 version to work.

But anyways, I think this App store will be very good news and will probably increase the sales by a good bit, if done right.
    AteBitHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AteBitHero

I would love to see a Giantbomb app on the PSP Go, but I doubt I will get it considering the price.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai
    @Bucketdeth: if take example from Apple on how to make an app store then it should work just fine. Make a good simple but powerful coding program for it for Mac, linux and Windows and have the option to test it on a virtual PSP as well as having the option to debug the program on the PSP itself. The one thing I really don't like about Apple's app store is that it just takes forever for it to be approved, but I guess its expected seeing just how many apps people submit every day. 
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mordukai
    @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Could be a deal breaker for those looking to get a PSP and don't have the right network for an iPhone (well minus the phone feature of course). "
    I bet that Sony are eventually looking to turn the PSP into a phone,  PSPhone if you will...wow...I need to copy write that. . They are definitely are taking the necessary steps for that move. 
    c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13  Edited By c_rakestraw
    @Bucketdeth said:
    " So the new PSP Go is getting an app store, will we see a Giantbomb app like on the iPhone? "
    If there's enough interest to justify it, and if they can get it working on it, then yeah, maybe. It all depend on those factors -- the former of which being more important seeing as they won't make one if there isn't enough interest in it.
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Mordukai said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Could be a deal breaker for those looking to get a PSP and don't have the right network for an iPhone (well minus the phone feature of course). "
    I bet that Sony are eventually looking to turn the PSP into a phone,  PSPhone if you will...wow...I need to copy write that. . They are definitely are taking the necessary steps for that move. 
    "
    You mean, an Ngage..?
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordukai
    @TheMustacheHero: I really don't think Sony are that dumb to turn the PSP into the turd that is the Ngage. 
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Mordukai said:
    " @TheMustacheHero: I really don't think Sony are that dumb to turn the PSP into the turd that is the Ngage.  "
    Gaming device that is also a phone is basically an Ngage.
    tanline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By tanline

sounds good........as long as they find a way to limit all the small nonsense apps from flooding their store.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.