Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

PSP price drop.

Avatar image for lady_of_the_patriots
    Lady_of_the_patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anybody think the PSP 3000 price is gonna go down soon with the upcoming release of the PSP vita?

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Synthballs

I'm sure if they lowered it anymore, they'd have to give YOU money for getting one.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cameron

They might drop it to $99 if they can still make money on it at that price. They sure as hell aren't going to take a hit on them at this point in the life cycle, especially since almost no one buys software for the PSP.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Branthog

@Synthballs said:

I'm sure if they lowered it anymore, they'd have to give YOU money for getting one.

That may actually convince me to have one.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I think they'll drop it to $99. If they do I might pick up one as an extra disposable handheld that I don't care if it get damaged or scratched up.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

If you're looking to pick one up cheap, you can check Amazon and eBay. Gamestop also sells used PSP's if you don't have an issue with that, and there's a 9 (or is it 7?) day return policy on the off chance that it doesn't work.

Honestly, the PSP has some pretty good games at this point but nothing outright jaw-droppingly amazing like pretty much every other console ever has had. It doesn't have a Halo or an Uncharted or a Metroid Prime to its name. Don't let that stop you from getting one, though.

Avatar image for lady_of_the_patriots
    Lady_of_the_patriots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I had one and it got stolen so I have all these PSP games I'd like to actually be able to play I just feel frustrated buying another one.

Also, whats with all the hate on gamestop? Just curious

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By kindgineer

@Lady_of_the_patriots said:

@believer258: I had one and it got stolen so I have all these PSP games I'd like to actually be able to play I just feel frustrated buying another one.

Also, whats with all the hate on gamestop? Just curious

Game-stop is notorious for screwing customers and on occasion just treating them like shit. I have never had this kind of experience (except the screwing part) but a lot have.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By bed

@Lady_of_the_patriots: ehh... i think their business practices and how they always force their deals/offers upon customers makes them not the most favored game retailer.. among other things, i suppose.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Animasta

im waiting for the vita to come out for this very scenario, actually!

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Lady_of_the_patriots: I hate Gamestop because there prices suck for the most part, they slice open new games, and they put stickers on the packaging....there are just so many better places to buy games from such as Amazon.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By louiedog

The PSP was outselling the Vita in Japan. I don't know what's going to happen here, but lowering the price seems like it could hurt sales of the new system and slow adoption. Sony certainly doesn't want that.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@Animasta said:

im waiting for the vita to come out for this very scenario, actually!

Yeah but going from something that could be about $70 dollars on ebay to a new system that might not do to well for $300 is quite the jump/risk.

And also, same thing happened to me, execpt mine was snapped in half. (Not my fault)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.