Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

PSP PSN store dies on Sept 15 (except in US)

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By egg

Has anyone else heard of this? The article says Sony is emailing all PSN users with the announcement, but I haven't gotten an email. And is it for all regions?

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wololo.net/2014/09/09/psp-will-lose-ability-to-access-the-psn-store-next-week/

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Wait what? Half of the reason I want a Vita TV is because I wanted to play some PSP games on my TV! I hate playing long JRPGs on portable devices but those Persona remakes look pretty great. Severely hope this isn't true.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By slyspider

What? Damnit. I think I have all the games I need, but I'd advise people to buy all the persona re-releases and monster hunter if that is your thing. PSP games are impossible to find on UMD and playing them on the vita is super awesome

Edit: wait for a solid source on this though, a few days seems too soon even if it is true

Edit2: OK! All is good then, who uses a psp to browse the store anyway?

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They aren't saying psp games will be removed but that psp's won't have access to the store.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the article is true, they aren't removing PSP content from the store, just removing the ability to access the store on a PSP. You'll still be able to buy PSP games digitally, just not on an actual PSP.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correct. Sorry for the confusion. Vita is not affected in any way. What's more, PSPs can actually still buy stuff using a PS3 or a PC with Media Go. But thats really lame. Not to mention Media Go is junk so I'm surprised Sony didn't axe that too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, Media Go still exists? What!?

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

apparently the US is not affected.. it only applies to other regions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.