Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

The start of the year, kicking it off with some quick PSP love

Merzalof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Edited By Merzalof

My friend Aaron asked me for a list of PSP games that I thought he should check out.  Here is a quick list of what I think you should try out. 

1.  Crush - great puzzle platform game where you change the perspective of the camera from a side scrolling view to a top down view.  Definitely a mind bender towards the later levels but a great puzzle game that you can play on the go.  

2. Metal Slug Anthology - bullet hell classic from Neo Geo that has you battling through 6 different Metal Slug games in the series complete with unlockables.  The best part is that  you get infinite continues, and trust me you will need them - I almost ran out. 

3. Valkyria Crhonicles 2 - Turn based strategy of the next generation.  An alternate take on wars of the past where you take command of a band of troops consisting of snipers, lancers, scouts, and gunners. Customization is a strong point along with the beautiful cell shaded graphics. Portable strategy at its finest here.   

4. Final Fantasy Dissidia - Pit all the heroes, villains and everyone in between from the Final Fantasy series in an (almost) endless battle.  Each character has a variety of skills and this leads to a different playstyle for each of them.  A surprisingly strong 3d fighting game with competent battle mechanics from Square Enix. 

5. Half Minute Hero - The pinnacle of portable gaming.  Taking an epic RPG and condensing it down into 30 second chunks is genius, and they execute it very well.  Filled with humor and a variety of game styles, HMH is something that every PSP owner should own.  

Check out the video here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7RVoXta2g

Merzalof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Merzalof

My friend Aaron asked me for a list of PSP games that I thought he should check out.  Here is a quick list of what I think you should try out. 

1.  Crush - great puzzle platform game where you change the perspective of the camera from a side scrolling view to a top down view.  Definitely a mind bender towards the later levels but a great puzzle game that you can play on the go.  

2. Metal Slug Anthology - bullet hell classic from Neo Geo that has you battling through 6 different Metal Slug games in the series complete with unlockables.  The best part is that  you get infinite continues, and trust me you will need them - I almost ran out. 

3. Valkyria Crhonicles 2 - Turn based strategy of the next generation.  An alternate take on wars of the past where you take command of a band of troops consisting of snipers, lancers, scouts, and gunners. Customization is a strong point along with the beautiful cell shaded graphics. Portable strategy at its finest here.   

4. Final Fantasy Dissidia - Pit all the heroes, villains and everyone in between from the Final Fantasy series in an (almost) endless battle.  Each character has a variety of skills and this leads to a different playstyle for each of them.  A surprisingly strong 3d fighting game with competent battle mechanics from Square Enix. 

5. Half Minute Hero - The pinnacle of portable gaming.  Taking an epic RPG and condensing it down into 30 second chunks is genius, and they execute it very well.  Filled with humor and a variety of game styles, HMH is something that every PSP owner should own.  

Check out the video here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7RVoXta2g

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.