Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Portable

Platform »

PlayStation Portable (PSP) is Sony's first entry into the handheld gaming market. The PSP also sports multimedia features including music and video playback, a photo viewer, and an online store. Several model revisions have been released: the PSP-2000, 3000, PSPgo and the PSP-E1000.

Top five games?

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MC_Izawa

I have a PSP and I never play it.  Most of my 'collection' is $5 games I found in the bargain bin.
    I'm willing to fill out my library with what you consider the top five PSP games.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

Are there actually 5 worthwhile games on the PSP?  I know that there is God of War: Rehash and some GTA: Rehash Edition games, but is there anything else honestly?  I can't think of any that I enjoyed in the times I've played a PSP outside of Lumines, God of War: Rehash, and Killzone: Liberation (yes, fuck you, I liked that game).

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Wolverine
    jakob187 said:
    "Are there actually 5 worthwhile games on the PSP?  I know that there is God of War: Rehash and some GTA: Rehash Edition games, but is there anything else honestly?  I can't think of any that I enjoyed in the times I've played a PSP outside of Lumines, God of War: Rehash, and Killzone: Liberation (yes, fuck you, I liked that game)."
    Luminus was pretty awesome and so was Street Fighter.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
    Wolverine said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Are there actually 5 worthwhile games on the PSP?  I know that there is God of War: Rehash and some GTA: Rehash Edition games, but is there anything else honestly?  I can't think of any that I enjoyed in the times I've played a PSP outside of Lumines, God of War: Rehash, and Killzone: Liberation (yes, fuck you, I liked that game)."
    Luminus was pretty awesome and so was Street Fighter."
    I don't own a PSP.  One of the former owners of my workplace had one, and those were the only games that I ever got to play.  Therefore, I don't know whether stuff like LocoRoco and Patapon are honestly "best" material.  I just never see anything that makes me go "fuck, I need a PSP like NAO!".
    fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fr0br0
    jakob187 said:
    Add Burnout to that list and *Gasp* you've got 5 games. And I thought Killzone Liberation was kickass too.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187
    Fr0Br0 said:
    "jakob187 said:
    Add Burnout to that list and *Gasp* you've got 5 games. And I thought Killzone Liberation was kickass too."
    I didn't say the GTA games were any good.  I'm probably the only human being on this planet that thinks Vice City in any way, shape, or form is massive amounts of fucking failure.  LB Stories...well, I'll just play the superior GTA III instead.  =  /
    elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By elbow

God of War: Chains of Olympus
    Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
    Patapon
    Secret Agent Clank
    Loco Roco

Just off the top of my head. The PSP has very standout games if you ask me, as in AAA titles, but it does have a lot of AA titles that are fun.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate

Any lumines - the metal gear ac!d games if you are into tht kinda thing - 

Final Fantasy tactics is pretty sweet- but gets hella hard - 
    infected is pretty random in a pretty cool kinda way (shooting downs children)
     God Of War chains of olympus is great,
     the loco roco games and patapon games you are probably aware of,
     Portable ops is awesome,
     anything from the PS1 you can download from your ps3 you  stick directly to the psp so anything from that library -
    Final fantasy crisis core,
     any of the random rpg's / loot lust games,
     tekken is pretty badass
    Silent hill game aint too shabby 
    Resistance retribution is coming out soon
    Any of the syphon filter games are pretty solid

There are actually quite a few, have a browse and if the price is low enough go for it - only money right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.