Which game shoudl i buy for a trip?

#1 Edited by Heartagram (1183 posts) -

Last game i bought was probably patapon but i didn't really play it all that much.

IF anyone has any suggestions for games i could buy for the trip that would be cool im leaning toward an RPG of some sort

Edit; God it frustrates me i misspelled should in the title

#2 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

The Burnout game for PSP. Not sure about RPGs. Maybe just mod your PSP and put FF VII on it! Yahoo!

#3 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Get Lumines. One of the best puzzle games ever.

#4 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

Picto chat. I have random conversations with people in different cars on the motorway.

#5 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
Pie said:
"Picto chat. I have random conversations with people in different cars on the motorway."
Picto chat on PSP? You blew my mind, sir.
#6 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Pie said:
"Picto chat. I have random conversations with people in different cars on the motorway."
Picto chat on PSP? You blew my mind, sir.
"
Balls. I didnt realise this was in the PSP forum.
#7 Posted by Synchronatic (130 posts) -

As far as psp RPGs go Crisis Core: FFVII is really quite amazing, and so is Disgaea. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is also amazing if you can get into it, but it's not for everyone and there is a new one coming out soon. Truthfully though, I would recommend getting a custom firmware and downloading Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger for PS1. They are the best RPGs on the system. Hope that helped!

#8 Edited by Heartagram (1183 posts) -
Synchronatic said:
"As far as psp RPGs go Crisis Core: FFVII is really quite amazing, and so is Disgaea. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is also amazing if you can get into it, but it's not for everyone and there is a new one coming out soon. Truthfully though, I would recommend getting a custom firmware and downloading Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger for PS1. They are the best RPGs on the system. Hope that helped!"
any idea how big of an SD card you need for that?

Also i already have lumines and it is great
#9 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Go get FF: Tactics for the PSP or Crisis Core.

#10 Edited by Heartagram (1183 posts) -
RHCPfan24 said:
"Go get FF: Tactics for the PSP or Crisis Core. "
I have never played a tactics game are they hard to get into?
#11 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6341 posts) -
Heartagram said:
"RHCPfan24 said:
"Go get FF: Tactics for the PSP or Crisis Core. "
I have never played a tactics game are they hard to get into?"

Nah, not particularly.  It can get difficult during later stages, but it's got a pretty good learning curve, especially if you read the manual.  That's a really solid recommendation and will easily suck up a lot of time.  I'd also check out (excuse the spelling here) Jeanne d'Arc and Disgaea.
#12 Edited by Synchronatic (130 posts) -
Heartagram said:
"Synchronatic said:
"As far as psp RPGs go Crisis Core: FFVII is really quite amazing, and so is Disgaea. Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is also amazing if you can get into it, but it's not for everyone and there is a new one coming out soon. Truthfully though, I would recommend getting a custom firmware and downloading Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger for PS1. They are the best RPGs on the system. Hope that helped!"
any idea how big of an SD card you need for that?Also i already have lumines and it is great"

Chrono Cross is 500 mb for the first disc, I don't really know how big it is if you use a multi-disc eboot. But a 1 or 2 gig stick should be fine. Chrono Trigger is somewhat smaller. If you don't have a memory stick then Crisis Core is pretty sweet too. Not Chrono Cross sweet, but still pretty damn sweet.
#13 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -

I'd have to recommend Disgaea, Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkyrie Profile and/or Puzzle Quest. They're all highly addictive and enjoyable games that'll keep you occupied for a good amount of time.

#14 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

Screw Disgaea or Final Fantasy Tactics and go straight for Jeanne d'Arc. You'll thank me.

You can also try Dead Head Fred, which is a 20 hour mystery-themed action game (totally awesome), or the newly released Patapon 2, if you liked Patapon. There is also the Loco Roco series, which you might like if you liked Patapon. Also be sure to pick up the PS1 Classic Suikoden, which is only 6 bucks and is undoubtedly one of the best games available this generation for the Playstation platforms.
#15 Posted by RandomHero666 (3182 posts) -

All of the above mentioned are awesome, and LocoRoco is just.. wow.

#16 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Screw Disgaea or Final Fantasy Tactics and go straight for Jeanne d'Arc. You'll thank me.

You can also try Dead Head Fred, which is a 20 hour mystery-themed action game (totally awesome), or the newly released Patapon 2, if you liked Patapon. There is also the Loco Roco series, which you might like if you liked Patapon. Also be sure to pick up the PS1 Classic Suikoden, which is only 6 bucks and is undoubtedly one of the best games available this generation for the Playstation platforms.
"
Is Jeanne d'Arc that good ? I'll be getting a PsP soon, with the Street Fighter game but I'm also searching for a RPG or Strategy game, something that'll keep me playing for some time. 
#17 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
Pie said:
Although this is the PSP forum I must go try this at some point or another, see if I can manage to find somebody else on there to talk with.
#18 Posted by Heartagram (1183 posts) -

I've never ever used picto chat at least not with another person

#19 Posted by DECA555 (400 posts) -

hack your psp and get a huge memory card like i did.

BGC, BGA, NES, SNES, SEGA, PSP, PS1, N64, ETC

i got it all :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.