Giant Bomb: Now With Full PlayStation Network Trophy Support

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by TheMeat (63 posts) -

Awesome.  Giantbomb is doing a better job with trophy integration than Sony... haha

#252 Edited by Sincillian (530 posts) -

NVM

#253 Edited by diggity_dan (28 posts) -
@TheMeat:  Exactly

Stll building PSN trophies :(
#254 Posted by Spike94 (735 posts) -
@Milpool said:
"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS "

Stole my comment. Meh. Whatever.  
YESSSSSSSSS!!!! ALL RIGHT, OH YEAH, WOO! GO GIANT BOMB! =D So excited and stoked.
#255 Posted by Grillbar (1807 posts) -

finaly i can show how useless i am with trophy's (not that im complaining) 
but its awsome that they finaly figured out how to do it, so its not only xbox people who can show off
#256 Posted by TOYBOXX (310 posts) -

I'm glad Giant Bomb has finally allowed PS3 users to sync up they're PSN names to the site. Since I use my PS3 more than the 360, due mostly because I don't have to pay-to-play online anymore, I'll be syncing my name as soon as possible. 

#257 Posted by moz822 (13 posts) -

wow, i dont own a ps3 myself but i got to give it to jeff and his team for this extra support!

#258 Posted by jupham (23 posts) -

Good job guys.  This is one I've been waiting for.

#259 Posted by JaguarCRO (58 posts) -

I am really excited about this.  Hopefully they can work out the kinks as I only advanced 6 positions in the last 6-7 hours (from 564 to 556). :-(

#260 Edited by DevilishSix (102 posts) -

My PS3 trophies have been stuck at #350 in line building for 12 hours now.  Whats going on?  Anyways nice support once this gets hashed out.
#261 Posted by pokernut (12 posts) -
@snide: Would it not be possible to apply some hysteresis to this problem? If you guys are updating the trophy data nightly, you can figure out for yourself the last played or last trophies earned information. I don't know how granular you need this input data to be but down to within a 24 hour period seems like it should be sufficient. Just start tracking the PS3 users trophies over time and figure out the last played information based on what was not there the day before. It requires a little more processing, but i've heard this is the sort of thing that computers are good at :) 

Cheers! 

ps. Great work on this initial PSN trophy support. I'm a very happy PS3 user!
#262 Posted by Doupi (13 posts) -

Bah, after a month my account could be added to the database :D

#263 Posted by yevinorion (695 posts) -
@JaguarCRO: Yeah...don't feel too bad, I went from 994 to 982 in the last 8 hours or so. So still a ways to go! Very happy for the feature tho, so now I have proof to backup my general awesomeness at Batman lol.
#264 Posted by foomfoom (21 posts) -

Is it down? I signed up yesterda and was #866 in the queue, 16 hours later and it's #844. My Xbox live profile was #865 in the queue and that got done in about 5 minutes. 

Also, there are a number of games that don't show up publicly on the PSN site. Shatter, Prototype, 龍が如く3 are among these. They will show up under your own profile when you are logged in, but no one else can see your trophies in these whether they are logged in or not. Sites like ps3trophycard.com seem to be able to grab this data somehow though because the games will show up there. So if you are just grabbing data from the public PSN page you'll be missing a number of games and trophies.

#265 Posted by ferrarimanf355 (404 posts) -

Will link up. Thanks guys.

#266 Posted by insomniac2587 (7 posts) -

I don't see the ability to sync PS3 trophies in my profile -- just Wow, Steam and 360. Am I missing something?

#267 Posted by davrivs (3 posts) -
@insomniac2587: They're having some issues with PSN trophy support and are trying to contact Sony to fix the issue.  I believe there's a brief message on top of the Achievements page as well. 
#268 Posted by JasonRS (3 posts) -

Is anyone else having trouble with this? I went to my profile, hit Achievements and all it gives me is XBL, Steam, and WOW, No PSN. Am I doing this wrong? Can Someone please help?
#269 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

Yeah I'm number 604 in the queue, I was 618 over 24 hours ago, this is gonna take a while.

#270 Posted by U2NUMB (7 posts) -

Its a Sony issue.. I belong to another site that has been struggling with Sony on this exact issue. They come right out and say Sony blocks their servers. I assume once GB figured out how to grab this info Sony came in and said "Not so fast".

#271 Posted by barkertron (82 posts) -

Come on Sony... don't be a dick here. I WANT MY GEEK FUN GODDAMMIT

#272 Posted by NoEvilPeople (1 posts) -

It doesn't work for me.  When I click achievements, I only see xbox, steam, and wow.  Where's PSN?  I just signed up, so maybe it's broken for new users?

#273 Posted by yevinorion (695 posts) -
@NoEvilPeople said:

" It doesn't work for me.  When I click achievements, I only see xbox, steam, and wow.  Where's PSN?  I just signed up, so maybe it's broken for new users? "

From your GiantBomb achievements page you should see this:

"Due to technical problems with Sony trophy system, we currently only allow syncing to XBOX, STEAM and WoW. We are currently trying to contact Sony to resolve the problem."
#274 Posted by Devil240Z (3310 posts) -

man I was so excited for this. my page still has my broken PSN account on it. says "user does not exist" 

I wish sony would get their head of out their ass. if they are gonna allow trophies on facebook then why not here?

#275 Posted by Andorski (5236 posts) -

Wow... I totally forgot about this.  Has Giant Bomb given an ETA on when this will get fixed?  I got a platinum to add to my collection of S Ranks ready to go.

#276 Posted by Bucketdeth (8005 posts) -

I miss the whole one day that this worked : (

#277 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@Andorski said:
" Wow... I totally forgot about this.  Has Giant Bomb given an ETA on when this will get fixed?  I got a platinum to add to my collection of S Ranks ready to go. "
Read this thread, kind sir. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.