Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Trophies

Concept »

Trophies are an incentive-based system for the completion of various objective in PS3, Vita, and PS4 titles.

Is it just me?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

Is it just me or does the trophy system not make me want to go back to my past games (that supports trophies now), and earn the trophies?

The only game I have is stardust HD and when that got trophied, I started playing it again, thinking it would get into it again getting all the trophies. For some reason, I just don't find myself all that interested really.

So how has the trophy system been to other people? Does it make you want to play the games more, or is it more of whatever.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By trulyalive

I'm waiting for the Burnout patch.
    I enjoyed Uncharted, but not enough to play through it again...

nastybutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nastybutler

I dont understand them adding them and having to redo the game. Burnout was ok because i never got far into the game but uncharted? Like im really going to waste my time beating that again. I think we got ripped off. 

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By tekmojo

still waiting for Home

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By shimbibby

im freaking loving trophies. I find it adds an extra sense of accomplishment to games and has made me go back to older games (uncharted on crushing). I also find myself playing the game in different ways and having much more fun

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I am earning trophies on Burnout but I wonder if they will ever patch MGS4 with trophies. I don't mind playing that again.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Karmum
    nastybutler said:
    "I dont understand them adding them and having to redo the game. Burnout was ok because i never got far into the game but uncharted? Like im really going to waste my time beating that again. I think we got ripped off. "
    Well, you tell me, if a game on the Xbox 360 somehow shipped without achievements, and it was patched AFTER you beat it, would you go back and play it again? If you enjoyed it once, I don't see why you wouldn't go and play it again.
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Demyx

Some of us still don't have any games that even have trophies, and from the looks of things none of the games I already have will never have trophies.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By brukaoru

If I want to re-play a game again, I will, regardless of trophies or achievements.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Karmum said:
    "nastybutler said:
    "I dont understand them adding them and having to redo the game. Burnout was ok because i never got far into the game but uncharted? Like im really going to waste my time beating that again. I think we got ripped off. "
    Well, you tell me, if a game on the Xbox 360 somehow shipped without achievements, and it was patched AFTER you beat it, would you go back and play it again? If you enjoyed it once, I don't see why you wouldn't go and play it again."

Well that's the point, the games wouldn't be shipped without them. Having achievements is a requirement of all 360 games. Trophies sound like a poor man's achievement points, if you ask me.
    kratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By kratos

Trophys
    A) came out during a dead period for release
    B) It's just logical to create trophys for older games so you don't have a dead feature for 4 months.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.