Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Trophies

Concept »

Trophies are an incentive-based system for the completion of various objective in PS3, Vita, and PS4 titles.

More effort for less experience.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By GunstarRed

So here is my teensy, tiny new hateful rant on why i absolutely loathe Sony's Trophy system.

A few weeks ago I managed to platinum my first game and that game was inFAMOUS. A game which i am sure was the first platinum trophy  a whole lot of people got, It took a weeks play of pretty hardcore playing and I felt satisfied  with the amount of trophy score mostly considering I hadn't played another full retail game  with trophies since littlebigplanet last october (or whenever) a couple of weeks back i manage to buy Resistance 2 and work my hardest to get all of the single player achi...trophies and start to feel a little more iffy about how much a silver trophy for killing a 1000 chimera is actually worth......3 or 4 percent it turns out.  eventually after more hours than i ever wish to play resistance 2 for ever again (not a bad game as such but YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN!) i go up a new level, I am now on level 6 with 2% AWESOME!.

Yesterday I recieved my new Dualshock 3 (YES!)... What game should I replay??? what game do I love that needs platinuming?

UNCHARTED!!!!!! So I get to work on finishing up Uncharted where I am missing two trophies 1-finish game on crushing 2- PLATINUM. so what better excuse is there to replay an awesome game to test out my rumbllllleeeeeeeeeezzzzz... FASTFORWARD one day Im at the ship im about to beat the final boss(unsure if he really is a boss or just a dude with a really dumb shooting pattern.... bangbangbang....pause...bang)

PLING- trophiesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

one gold...one platinum...........

syncing trophies.......

look at gamercard........

"SEVEN FUCKIN PERCENT!?????"

Yes It turns out I had recieved 5%'s worth of trophies from a gold and a platinum....what a joke, seriously this system is straight up broken. They cant mess with it now  everything is in place so what youre going to end up with is thousands of people all hovering around the same level without ever moving and if cod 4 and its prestige tells me anything people dont like being at the same level forever...its going to take  way too much effort to move up a level beyond a certain point...and to get anywhere you'd have to platinum nearly every game you get and thats just not very realistic at all....well done sony.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GunstarRed

So here is my teensy, tiny new hateful rant on why i absolutely loathe Sony's Trophy system.

A few weeks ago I managed to platinum my first game and that game was inFAMOUS. A game which i am sure was the first platinum trophy  a whole lot of people got, It took a weeks play of pretty hardcore playing and I felt satisfied  with the amount of trophy score mostly considering I hadn't played another full retail game  with trophies since littlebigplanet last october (or whenever) a couple of weeks back i manage to buy Resistance 2 and work my hardest to get all of the single player achi...trophies and start to feel a little more iffy about how much a silver trophy for killing a 1000 chimera is actually worth......3 or 4 percent it turns out.  eventually after more hours than i ever wish to play resistance 2 for ever again (not a bad game as such but YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNN!) i go up a new level, I am now on level 6 with 2% AWESOME!.

Yesterday I recieved my new Dualshock 3 (YES!)... What game should I replay??? what game do I love that needs platinuming?

UNCHARTED!!!!!! So I get to work on finishing up Uncharted where I am missing two trophies 1-finish game on crushing 2- PLATINUM. so what better excuse is there to replay an awesome game to test out my rumbllllleeeeeeeeeezzzzz... FASTFORWARD one day Im at the ship im about to beat the final boss(unsure if he really is a boss or just a dude with a really dumb shooting pattern.... bangbangbang....pause...bang)

PLING- trophiesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

one gold...one platinum...........

syncing trophies.......

look at gamercard........

"SEVEN FUCKIN PERCENT!?????"

Yes It turns out I had recieved 5%'s worth of trophies from a gold and a platinum....what a joke, seriously this system is straight up broken. They cant mess with it now  everything is in place so what youre going to end up with is thousands of people all hovering around the same level without ever moving and if cod 4 and its prestige tells me anything people dont like being at the same level forever...its going to take  way too much effort to move up a level beyond a certain point...and to get anywhere you'd have to platinum nearly every game you get and thats just not very realistic at all....well done sony.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

Well the higher level you are, the more difficult it is to get to the next level. It something that makes leveling up actually rewarding. There would be no point in leveling up every other trophy because that doesn't show me how dedicated somebody is to getting every little trophy. If I wanted to see how many platinum trophies somebody has, I'll just compare trophies and count.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

It just means that everyone will just be hunting down the avatar equivalents to  get to a higher level. It seems to be the only realistic way to move up levels efficiently and there is zero reward in that...i mean i'm at level SIX..SIX a single digit and I get fuck all for a platinum... that is ridiculous.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.