Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PlayStation Trophies

Concept »

Trophies are an incentive-based system for the completion of various objective in PS3, Vita, and PS4 titles.

The Mystery of Missing Achievements & Trophies

holabendez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 3

Edited By holabendez

From the moment I got an Xbox, I became an achievement whore. It took little time before I was conditioned to a point where there little “ping” noise made when an Xbox displays an achievement brought a quick spike of serotonin to my brain. To be honest though, I’m not an S-Rank kind of guy, I don’t seem to quite have the attention span necessary to grind away at a game to eek out every single achievement in a game, but I do enjoy the sensation of earning an achievement, and I play games now with an attitude of earning those achievement and using the resulting gamerscore as a point of comparison with my friends.

Which is why recently I was bitterly disappointed when after completing the first episode of Sam & Max Saves the World, no achievement popped up. I waited till the end of the credits, and NOTHING! I spoke to my brother and he related a similar situation he had on his PS3 with InFamous. He has the trophy for Finding 50% of the Shards, but DOESN’T have the trophy for Finding 25% of the Shards!

What exactly is the cause of this? At the end of the day it is probably a software glitch, and it may not be the same trigger for all games across all platforms. It is a shame there is no recourse for retroactively discovering earned but unidentified achievements, but then I suppose if that feature existed, a hell of a lot of PS3 users could claim the trophies they deserve from back in the pre-Trophy PS3 days.

Has anyone else had an experience where they have rightfully earned an achievement or a trophy only to not have it register?

holabendez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By holabendez

From the moment I got an Xbox, I became an achievement whore. It took little time before I was conditioned to a point where there little “ping” noise made when an Xbox displays an achievement brought a quick spike of serotonin to my brain. To be honest though, I’m not an S-Rank kind of guy, I don’t seem to quite have the attention span necessary to grind away at a game to eek out every single achievement in a game, but I do enjoy the sensation of earning an achievement, and I play games now with an attitude of earning those achievement and using the resulting gamerscore as a point of comparison with my friends.

Which is why recently I was bitterly disappointed when after completing the first episode of Sam & Max Saves the World, no achievement popped up. I waited till the end of the credits, and NOTHING! I spoke to my brother and he related a similar situation he had on his PS3 with InFamous. He has the trophy for Finding 50% of the Shards, but DOESN’T have the trophy for Finding 25% of the Shards!

What exactly is the cause of this? At the end of the day it is probably a software glitch, and it may not be the same trigger for all games across all platforms. It is a shame there is no recourse for retroactively discovering earned but unidentified achievements, but then I suppose if that feature existed, a hell of a lot of PS3 users could claim the trophies they deserve from back in the pre-Trophy PS3 days.

Has anyone else had an experience where they have rightfully earned an achievement or a trophy only to not have it register?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.